IGNORED

Slide (working title) new wip game for 2600

vhzc

RC4 promoted to final.

slideboy_final.bin

RELEASE CANDIDATE4

QUICK UPDATE

- Changes in font score to correct visual glitch.

slideboy_RC4.bin<-- CURRENT VERSION

RELEASE CANDIDATE3.1

QUICK UPDATE

- Eliminates "pause while moving" issue, now PAUSE only works when Slide Boy is still..

- Cosmetic changes.

- Corrects visual issue while holding PAUSE

slideboy_RC3.1.bin

RELEASE CANDIDATE2

- Corrects glitch in screen 50.

- If no bug is reported then this will pass to final version.

slideboy_RC2.bin

RELEASE CANDIDATE 1!

- 50 screens.

- Some changes in layout and sprite of previous rooms.

slideboy_RC1.bin

UPDATE (probably last before Release Candidate)

- More screens (40 in current version)

- PF numbers to show room between levels.

- Cosmetic changes.

slideboy_wip_20210215.bin

UPDATE

- More screens (33 in current version)

- Select switch return to Select screen

- Extra life every 160 points in easy mode and 320 in normal mode (max lives=4)

- Secret room :)

- Cosmetic changes.

slideboy_wip_20210212.bin

UPDATE

- More screens (25 in current version)

- Changes under the hood (space optimization, check for redundacies, etc)

- Cosmetic changes.

slideboy_wip_20210209.bin

UPDATE

- More screens (18 in current version)

- Two difficulty modes selectables via menu: Easy and Normal: In easy the bar takes more time to deplete and you start with 4 lives instead of 3, but you got the half of the score than the Normal mode.

- New Working Title and Title Screen.

- Cosmetic changes and little corrections.

slideboy_wip_20210207.bin

601560676_Capturadepantalla_2021-02-07_16-40-23.thumb.png.064f92a7b900ba694b1dd456641d7610.png

#################################################################

Hi guys.

I want to share the first demo rom of my newest project for 2600.

It's (for now) called Slide and its mechanics is pressty simple: slide through the room, avoid obstacles, activate some switches and exit the room.

The current rom includes only 14 screens, but the engine is pretty much completed, so it is totally playable.

You just have to use the stick to slide. Pressing the button PAUSE/UNPAUSE the game

Testing and feedback will be appreciated.

slide_wip_20210205.bin

892733871_Capturadepantalla_2021-02-04_14-45-39.thumb.png.789d39b47b9bbad8699b3099159b7fc8.png

1270111363_Capturadepantalla_2021-02-03_01-41-00.thumb.png.73ac9f8227c0f45901184e8445191d85.png

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 17

I've managed 340 for a score so far. Only bug I've seen and it could be an emulation thing. Sometimes just when I get to the exit, I will see the CLEAR for a frame or 2 where the exist is before it is shown in the middle of the screen. Otherwise like all your other games, this is damn addictive stuff!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I've managed 340 for a score so far. Only bug I've seen and it could be an emulation thing. Sometimes just when I get to the exit, I will see the CLEAR for a frame or 2 where the exist is before it is shown in the middle of the screen. Otherwise like all your other games, this is damn addictive stuff!

Thanks for testing.

I think I know why that bug happens, I will add an extra drawscreen between the moment you exit the room and the CLEAR sprites are defined and that should correct it.

10 minutes ago, RevEng said:

Impressive! I like the action-infused tilt-maze mechanics.

The only suggestion I'd make is an eventual include a difficulty level choice, which would relax the timer.

I have plans to add difficulty levels. I am testing different settings to avoid to make the easy level too easy.

• Like 1

Man, I can't believe we had the same idea in the mechanics of our games! LOL! ? ?

This is the "K-Jo in: Chasing the cheese" that is about to be released here in Brazil. I've been working on it since September and is currently in the "Release Candidate 01" version.

I will make a topic of it soon.

main.bas_dbg_74cc43eb.png

main.bas_dbg_74cf347b.png

main.bas_dbg_74d27130.png

Edited by Leonardo Santiago
  • Like 8

On 2/5/2021 at 11:53 AM, vhzc said:

UPDATE

- More screens (18 in current version)

- Two difficulty modes selectables via menu: Easy and Normal: In easy the bar takes more time to deplete and you start with 4 lives instead of 3, but you got the half of the score than the Normal mode.

- New Working Title and Title Screen.

- Cosmetic changes and little corrections.

slideboy_wip_20210207.bin 32 kB · 0 downloads

601560676_Capturadepantalla_2021-02-07_16-40-23.thumb.png.064f92a7b900ba694b1dd456641d7610.png

• Like 4

This is a blast!

This is my current high score on the latest build on norm difficulty. I've not tried easy as normal was what you started with. But this looks to be as high as I can get currently as I've scored this 3x in a row now. So...lets see those high marks!

slideboy_wip_20210207_2.png

On 2/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, Leonardo Santiago said:

Man, I can't believe we had the same idea in the mechanics of our games! LOL! ? ?

This is the "K-Jo in: Chasing the cheese" that is about to be released here in Brazil. I've been working on it since September and is currently in the "Release Candidate 01" version.

When worlds collide.?
The more the better. It also releases its demo for us here in the community.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

This is a blast!

This is my current high score on the latest build on norm difficulty. I've not tried easy as normal was what you started with. But this looks to be as high as I can get currently as I've scored this 3x in a row now. So...lets see those high marks!

slideboy_wip_20210207_2.png

And you did it again!. Once again you are better in my game than myself ?

1277867029_Capturadepantalla_2021-02-08_11-37-57.thumb.png.233e614136a0990b554267635423e968.png

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 3:28 AM, Leonardo Santiago said:

That looks more like AStar.

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

It is a lot of fun and I think there are more ways to shave even more time on some of the screens but haven't been daring enough to try hehe.

Can't pass the 576 mark. Being beat again in my own game is kinda cool in certain way, right? right?!

70425197_Capturadepantalla_2021-02-08_12-20-33.thumb.png.f65dfcde9ff0da06fc61fb9e66bd1054.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I tried all versions in the real console, and it is hard. There are some places where you have to be precise. To be able to reach the end, I need a way to recover lives, at least one per screen.

Req: I found no way to return to the difficulty menu (select switch?).

Bug: when entering some screens or leaving the pause mode, some objects with non-symetrical horizontal bitmaps are shown in the mirrored shape, at least for one frame.

11 minutes ago, vitoco said:

I tried all versions in the real console, and it is hard. There are some places where you have to be precise. To be able to reach the end, I need a way to recover lives, at least one per screen.

Req: I found no way to return to the difficulty menu (select switch?).

Bug: when entering some screens or leaving the pause mode, some objects with non-symetrical horizontal bitmaps are shown in the mirrored shape, at least for one frame.

Thanks for testing.

- This game is a hard, but it's fair. Recover one life per screen would make it too easy for my standards so is not an option.

- I will implement select to return to Select screen, that was always in the plans, just forget to add it ?

- I have not noticed that bug, thanks for let me know about it. Fortunately I think is pretty easy to correct.