IGNORED

Some softwares not loading from MicroSD in Fujinet

Apkalus

Hi to all,

I need to understand why some softwares in .ATR images are not loading correctly from the MicroSD Card with Fujinet, I have an Atari 800XL with the Ultimate 1MB and the PIA COVOX, my Fujinet is 1.0, it is updated with the latest firmware and have a MicroSD of 16GB. Maybe you think that maybe this upgrade is creating a compatibility issues, but no, I have a 130XE and a 64XE in perfect condition and I've got the same problem, loading with errors, look at these examples:

AlleyCat:

IMG_20210205_203319.thumb.jpg.ba8c87f92d35acd1920182b688baf6d8.jpg

Chaos Music Composer:

IMG_20210205_203537.thumb.jpg.8a397350eba75007341dd6239b63f402.jpg

I think Fujinet is awesome but this is so weird because the softwares that are not loading are so specific, I tried to load the same softwares with an SDrive Max and works great.

Can you give me some advice to fix this problem?

Thank you all!

40 minutes ago, Apkalus said:

Hi to all,

I need to understand why some softwares in .ATR images are not loading correctly from the MicroSD Card with Fujinet, I have an Atari 800XL with the Ultimate 1MB and the PIA COVOX, my Fujinet is 1.0, it is updated with the latest firmware and have a MicroSD of 16GB. Maybe you think that maybe this upgrade is creating a compatibility issues, but no, I have a 130XE and a 64XE in perfect condition and I've got the same problem, loading with errors, look at these examples:

AlleyCat:

IMG_20210205_203319.thumb.jpg.ba8c87f92d35acd1920182b688baf6d8.jpg

Chaos Music Composer:

IMG_20210205_203537.thumb.jpg.8a397350eba75007341dd6239b63f402.jpg

I think Fujinet is awesome but this is so weird because the softwares that are not loading are so specific, I tried to load the same softwares with an SDrive Max and works great.

Can you give me some advice to fix this problem?

Thank you all!

Standard question: are you holding down option while booting to disable BASIC?

(I am getting awfully tired of asking that question...)

(And yes, before you ask, the SDrive-Max firmware automatically disables BASIC by default. Something I didn't think important, especially because I do this reflexively by default, unless I need BASIC.)

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Standard question: are you holding down option while booting to disable BASIC?

(I am getting awfully tired of asking that question...)

(And yes, before you ask, the SDrive-Max firmware automatically disables BASIC by default. Something I didn't think important, especially because I do this reflexively by default, unless I need BASIC.)

-Thom

I know this process is awful but I have this Fujinet since yesterday, I really appreciate your help and time.

Yes, I actually press the option button to disable basic... Maybe if I keep the option button pressed more time will solve this problem? I'll try that right now.

Thanks again!

Just now, Apkalus said:

I know this process is awful but I have this Fujinet since yesterday, I really appreciate your help and time.

Yes, I actually press the option button to disable basic... Maybe if I keep the option button pressed more time will solve this problem? I'll try that right now.

Thanks again!

Yup, when the option is pressed in CONFIG, a cold boot happens. Keeping it pressed until you can see a blue screen again is enough time to disable BASIC.

-Thom

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I am too, I am starting to think a disable basic program should run and ask the user to press reset to boot the next ATR!

That sounds like a great idea!!

Thom's suggestion did the trick, I was pressing the Option button only for one second and of course that wasn't enough to disable Basic...

Well, problem solved, thank you Thom, The Doctor!

The system works great!

11 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Yup, when the option is pressed in CONFIG, a cold boot happens. Keeping it pressed until you can see a blue screen again is enough time to disable BASIC.

-Thom

That's exactly what I did! I was pressing the Option button only for one second or less, thank you for helping me with this Thom. everything works great now.

Happy Weekend!