IGNORED

E-Bay lots of buyers abusing INAD BE CAREFUL SELLERS

Orrko

Just want to let everyone know,there is a rash of buyers filing negligent/false Item Not As Described claims,E-Bay is giving in and doing buyer refunds without even announcing it to the sellers,it is happening in an over-abundance

The buyers are keeping the items and having the money refunded at the same time,i know there are a lot of e-bay sellers here on e-bay and just wanted to let everyone know this is happening more than ever

Please be careful e-bay is catering to buyers and not caring worse than ever about sellers

Ebay has basically made itself unusable to sellers.

Between now wanting our bank info instead of paypal info, the big fees and basically no seller protection its just a risky gamble now.

I have moved to selling and trading with friends or live at shows. I would rather charge less and do that.

• Like 2

I think someone got burned, and there's more to the story than we're seeing, to be fair at least.

I know I've undoubtedly been lucky, also I think in a few cases my account is so old and grandfathered when I get a US rep I get an easier ride than probably a majority of others, but I've yet to get tossed under the bus.  I've had a rare return, but they have been that, nothing that's kept and their money returned level of stupidity.

That said stupus nailed it, they've gone too far.  I've yet to get the dreaded notice.  When I do, I have a plan in place.  I'll be opening up an Aspiration Summit online bank account, it's free, it's checking/savings combo that pays 1% interest or more on your balance depending what's in there.  I refuse to give a dishonest entity like ebay my actual home bank account, or a credit card either.  They had been hounding me some years back when I let the CC on file expire and I ignored them, they quit, and it's been dead since I think 2015. :)  They only have access if I grant it to Paypal, which in the past wasn't an issue for them but they decided to turn all control freak and tossed them to the curb for payments.  I'll keep a small balance in my account I'll setup, and actively keep it low moving money into paypal.  Paypal over the last decade has converted from just being a waypoint to cash to being like Discover Card was like 20 years ago, a newbie fully backed FDIC etc credit card/bank company...I trust them, NOT ebay.  I'll keep my funds there so I can buy what I want when I want, while also keeping ebay out of my damn pocket.

I recently ordered a self powered usb 2.0 hub from ebay. They are now getting harder to find at a low price. The hub was described as new in box.

I got the device and manual with box in just a few days.  A 5vdc power supply that was supposed to be included, was not.  Item not as described?  Yeah, but I happened to have a spare supply that would fit it.  Seeing as how the grand total of the sale was not much over $5 usd, I left positive feedback anyway (no stars).  Item was obviously new in sealed plastic.   If I had decided to complain, it would have been through private message to the seller.  The seller only had a few listings with zero negative feedback.

Ebay should start monitoring buyers who file repeated not-as-desrcribed claims (if they gave a damn) and stop punishing sellers.  Especially small operators who get hit harder by these decisions.  Looks like they have gotten too big and corrupt to be decent anymore.

The scum bag thing to start doing would be offering seller insurance to cover a few bad transactions per year.

Been a charter member of ebay since back in the day when MAME was a new thing. I only filed a few complaints for stuff that never arrived (seller never shipped) or stuff packaged so bad it couldn't survive the ride to the post office.

Always gave the seller time and a heads-up there was a problem. Most of them give the run-around saying a refund is on the way. Or they simply stop communicating.

Always been impressed with how easy it was/is to get a refund once ebay gets involved. Takes a little time, go through the process and waiting periods, but they always sided with me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keatah said:

Been a charter member of ebay since back in the day when MAME was a new thing. I only filed a few complaints for stuff that never arrived (seller never shipped) or stuff packaged so bad it couldn't survive the ride to the post office.

Always gave the seller time and a heads-up there was a problem. Most of them give the run-around saying a refund is on the way. Or they simply stop communicating.

Always been impressed with how easy it was/is to get a refund once ebay gets involved. Takes a little time, go through the process and waiting periods, but they always sided with me.

For fun since we're talking charter level account age, pasted this from mine: Member since: Jun-09-97

The company was founded in 1995 under a local only exchange in California originally around the San Francisco and other northern areas but spread south somewhat later.  I signed up when they were still AuctionWeb specifically to go after Super Famicom games of all things.  I was directly after SDF Macross Scrambled Valkyrie, only time I ever paid higher than retail on a game in the day and long after that wasn't brand new, or maybe it was, given they didn't seal them then but paid $70 for the thing, never regretted it.

And pasted from the ebay wikipedia:
The company officially changed the name of its service from AuctionWeb to eBay in September 1997, after Echo Bay Technology Group, Omidyar's consulting firm. The domain name echobay.com was already taken by a gold mining company,[12] so Omidyar shortened it to eBay.com.[13] In 1997 the company received $6.7 million in funding from the venture capital firm Benchmark Capital.[14]

• Like 2