IGNORED

Fujinet 1.0 with no lit LEDs, did I brick it?

a8isa1

Unable to build Fujinet-Flasher I had been using manual flashing with esptool.py using the following command line which had been provided to me:

python esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 460800 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0xe000 boot_app0.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin

With firmware for 2/4/2021 I thought I had a success but discovered the new "COPY" feature was not available.   I confirmed from the web interface that an update to the firmware had been completed.

Looking at the command I realized the spiffs.bin wasn't being updated.   I tried to add it.   not knowing where it belonged I tried adding to the end.  Had insufficient twice.  One time this didn't happen but neither was the COPY function available. 

After a few more attempts something seriously went wrong.  After flashing  the 3 LEDs blinked for 1 second then my #FujiNet went dark. 

I tried the update as done above.  Still dark.I

I tried to restore the original firmware with which my #FujiNet had been supplied.  Restore was from a backup which I had made first thing.  Still dark

I feel as though I have wiped SPIFFS and just don't know where it belong but perhaps I have done worse.

Is my error recoverable from here. I mean my location?

Did I brick my #FujiNet?

-SteveS

11 minutes ago, a8isa1 said:

Unable to build Fujinet-Flasher I had been using manual flashing with esptool.py using the following command line which had been provided to me:

python esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 460800 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0xe000 boot_app0.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin

With firmware for 2/4/2021 I thought I had a success but discovered the new "COPY" feature was not available.   I confirmed from the web interface that an update to the firmware had been completed.

Looking at the command I realized the spiffs.bin wasn't being updated.   I tried to add it.   not knowing where it belonged I tried adding to the end.  Had insufficient twice.  One time this didn't happen but neither was the COPY function available. 

After a few more attempts something seriously went wrong.  After flashing  the 3 LEDs blinked for 1 second then my #FujiNet went dark. 

I tried the update as done above.  Still dark.I

I tried to restore the original firmware with which my #FujiNet had been supplied.  Restore was from a backup which I had made first thing.  Still dark

I feel as though I have wiped SPIFFS and just don't know where it belong but perhaps I have done worse.

Is my error recoverable from here. I mean my location?

Did I brick my #FujiNet?

-SteveS

Not possible to brick it. I am guessing the copy feature didn't make it into the build. Simply running the fujinet flasher and letting it download should be sufficient.

-Thom

The current partitions file we use is:

# Name,   Type, SubType, Offset,  Size, Flags
nvs,      data, nvs,     0x9000,  0x5000,
otadata,  data, ota,     0xe000,  0x2000,
app0,     app,  ota_0,   0x10000, 6M,
app1,     app,  ota_1,    ,6M,
spiffs,   data, spiffs,   ,2M,

that is, add the offset of the previous segment + size to get the offset of the next.

-Thom

9 minutes ago, a8isa1 said:

I don't have the ability to run the Fujinet-Flasher.   Laptop is crippled so I'm running live with RAM file system and I don't have the necessary resources.  This is also why I am using ESPTOOL.PY.  

Where does SPIFFS.BIN belong?  What offset?

-SteveS

python3 esptool.py --chip esp32 --port "/PATH/TO/YOUR/SERIAL/PORT" --baud 921600 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0xe000 boot_app0.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin 0xc10000 spiffs.bin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mozzwald said:

python3 esptool.py --chip esp32 --port "/PATH/TO/YOUR/SERIAL/PORT" --baud 921600 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 bootloader.bin 0x8000 partitions.bin 0xe000 boot_app0.bin 0x10000 firmware.bin 0xc10000 spiffs.bin

Back in business!  Thanks!  

Never would have tracked down that offset for SPIFFS on my own.

Regards,

-SteveS

• Like 2