IGNORED

Vaults of Nhyrmeth Demo

clth

Things are pretty slow lately but still work in progress. I had to redo some code parts and replace RMT with with simple player. This together with hackish C code optimizer and some other stuff gave me bit over 4 kilobytes of free memory which should be enough for finishing game. Right now I am trying to implement projectile weapons/spells and it looks pretty doable.

Still kinda unsure where all this will lead, making dozen of levels while them being anything else than rat mazes filled with enemies and loot is tricky to make right and fun :)

• Like 4

There are ways to disable OS ROM and use the RAM under it, turning it on when needed. It could give you a lot of additional RAM if you are not using this technique already. If you are interested I could try to prepare a sample code for doing it in CC65. It could be even nicely covered by one CC65 feature - trampolines https://cc65.github.io/doc/cc65.html#ss7.18

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ilmenit said:

There are ways to disable OS ROM and use the RAM under it, turning it on when needed. It could give you a lot of additional RAM if you are not using this technique already. If you are interested I could try to prepare a sample code for doing it in CC65. It could be even nicely covered by one CC65 feature - trampolines https://cc65.github.io/doc/cc65.html#ss7.18

Thanks, I know and definitely will let you know when addressing this but right now I am just trying to fit in 48k :) There will be probably some 64k "fat" variant with music and fancy font but I want to keep lowest specs possible.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Peruchi said:

Bumping because it would be a great shame if this game couldn't be completed!

Any news?

P.S. Please don't misunderstood me, I don't want to force anyone do to this.

Pace is not quite breathtaking but work still continues. There are working missile spells, items can be also thrown. Enemies have sort-of health bars, also was added some new graphics and objects to interact with. Except some new graphics/objects, probably final big thing before starting actual game content is to make stats+AI+fighting enough fun while able to scale as game advances.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Peruchi said:

Is this project dead yet?

Dead? No, maybe a bit overdue :) Coincidentally, I've started making sloppy native pc port last week so things can be done easier hopefully because whole thing is clearly taking me too long.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ilmenit said:

Looking forward for the progress. At least for me it's one of the most interesting projects from recent years (as I love Dungeon Crawlers).

same here. I finished demo the day it was released and waiting for more :D