IGNORED

PlusCart(+) + SD

Andrew Davie

On 7/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, Capellão said:

the quality of the STM32 boards from china is complicated, the batch I bought 50% were faulty (does not connect). Refund has been made.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, soufian said:

iam new to the atari,where can i buy the sd card version only or the parts to build it my self 

thanks 

The SD card version is not available for sale from the PlusStore, and I no longer make them.

The parts are generally available from AliExpress - but beware, they have gone up 5x in price (or more!) over the last year.

It is currently relatively expensive to build a PlusCart. Perhaps US$50 or more.

On 8/25/2022 at 6:16 PM, Andrew Davie said:

The SD card version is not available for sale from the PlusStore, and I no longer make them.

The parts are generally available from AliExpress - but beware, they have gone up 5x in price (or more!) over the last year.

It is currently relatively expensive to build a PlusCart. Perhaps US$50 or more.

The price for the STM32F407VGT6 MCU has dropped a bit over the last few months, but the breakout board we use for the PlusCart (Duo) has not changed its price until now:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32828318079.html

🤔

or maybe it's because I'm connecting to AliExpress from a different country?

However I have put a few of them into my AliExpress shopping cart..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

I have the original PCB (Pluscart), I just add a litlle sd reader following the tracks of the file PlusCartUnified.brd

I flashed the board using the PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf

But my sd is not recognized :(

I tried to format the sd -> FAT, FAT32, exFAT, also on the atari using the option format sd, but is not working, 

Any ideas what is the issue? 

Many thanks in advance!

20220923_230531.jpg

20220923_233556_2.jpg

Edited by kyokorn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kyokorn said:

Hello guys, 

I have the original PCB (Pluscart), I just add a litlle sd reader following the tracks of the file PlusCartUnified.brd

I flashed the board using the PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf

But my sd is not recognized :(

I tried to format the sd -> FAT, FAT32, exFAT, also on the atari using the option format sd, but is not working, 

Any ideas what is the issue? 

Many thanks in advance!

20220923_230531.jpg

20220923_233556_2.jpg

My bad, i was soldering wrong MISO, MOSI & CLK, now is working fine !!! thanks for this beautiful project !

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kyokorn said:

Formating the SD Card with the PlusCart menu "Setup/Format SD-Card" doesn't work. AFAIR the first lib I tried for the SD-Card reading had a format function, but the lib that worked in the end does not. Unfortunately I forgot to remove the menu entry..

7 hours ago, kyokorn said:

My bad, i was soldering wrong MISO, MOSI & CLK, now is working fine !!!

👍 nice work.

Do you have plans to make a custom/modified case for it?

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:53 AM, kyokorn said:

My bad, i was soldering wrong MISO, MOSI & CLK, now is working fine !!! thanks for this beautiful project !

Nice! Can you provide us a image of your working board?

I had a mounted Pluscart with no sd card recognized, and to replace the sd module I have to dessolder the board from the pcb.... And it's very painfull have to do this.

It would be nice have another way to solder and remove the sd module.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cfarl said:

Nice! Can you provide us a image of your working board?

I had a mounted Pluscart with no sd card recognized, and to replace the sd module I have to dessolder the board from the pcb.... And it's very painfull have to do this.

It would be nice have another way to solder and remove the sd module.

Hello friend, Here you have the diagram, with the pin out and the points where the cables was soldered.

Good luck!

20220927_141841.jpg

• Like 3