IGNORED

PlusCart(+) + SD

Andrew Davie

13 hours ago, cfarl said:

Thanks!

From where did you get this diagram?

Can you share it with us, too?

Hello friend, the diagram is part of the pcb design by @Andrew Davie and @Al_Nafuur (By the way thanks both you rulz guys!)

You can open the file using "Autodesk Eagle" (You can get a EAGLE Free License For Non-Commercial Use)

BR

kyokorn

PlusCartUnified.brd

Edited by kyokorn
credit to Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, kyokorn said:

Hello friend, the diagram is part of the pcb design by @Andrew Davie and @Al_Nafuur (By the way thanks both you rulz guys!)

You can open the file using "Autodesk Eagle" (You can get a EAGLE Free License For Non-Commercial Use)

BR

kyokorn

PlusCartUnified.brd 783.86 kB · 2 downloads

Nice! You can view it online here: https://www.altium.com/viewer/

Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Capellão said:

hello,

I got it from different sellers, all defective. 100% :(

Which one was it?

I got mine from the seller Worldchips with "only" 30% defective. After about 20 messages and 3 weeks I received a refund of $ 5 per defective board.

I'll be sending the defective boards to my solder service too. Some of them might be recovered by re-soldering the MCU.

3 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Which one was it?

I got mine from the seller Worldchips with "only" 30% defective. After about 20 messages and 3 weeks I received a refund of $ 5 per defective board.

I'll be sending the defective boards to my solder service too. Some of them might be recovered by re-soldering the MCU.

all with the same defect, do not connect via usb or serial.

35 minutes ago, Capellão said:

yes...

image.png.71fb74a4c6f2fe152f8e052f354fe88f.png

What happens if you short boot0 too and power it up via USB?

does the power LED lights up?

does the user LED blinks?

Sometimes it helps to power on the device first with boot0 short too. Then the board connects on a second power up with only boot1 short (and pressing the reset button for 4-6 seconds).

25 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

What happens if you short boot0 too and power it up via USB?

does the power LED lights up?

does the user LED blinks?

Sometimes it helps to power on the device first with boot0 short too. Then the board connects on a second power up with only boot1 short (and pressing the reset button for 4-6 seconds).

short boot1 and power it up via USB:

power LED lights up.

short boot0 & boot1 and power it up via USB:

power LED lights up and does the user LED blinks.

1 hour ago, Capellão said:
Has anyone had a solution on STM32 boards that are not identified by USB?

No. I have ordered a ST-LINK V2 to see if i can connect to the boards that are not identifying via USB but seem to have a working factory firmware (blinking user LED when boot0 is short)

5 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

No. I have ordered a ST-LINK V2 to see if i can connect to the boards that are not identifying via USB but seem to have a working factory firmware (blinking user LED when boot0 is short)

I have a STLINK-V2 here and a UART, but they don't connect, which pins are you using?

17 minutes ago, Capellão said:
I have a STLINK-V2 here and a UART, but they don't connect, which pins are you using?

My ST-Link  is supposed to arrive on Friday, so I haven't checked how to connect it yet.

I think you have to connect:

GND       -> GND
TMS_SWDIO -> PA13
TCK_SWCLK -> PA14
VAPP      -> VDD

I am not sure about boot0 and boot1

As far as i know you have to power the STM board externally, because the ST-Link doesn't powers the board up.

32 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

My ST-Link  is supposed to arrive on Friday, so I haven't checked how to connect it yet.

I think you have to connect:

GND       -> GND
TMS_SWDIO -> PA13
TCK_SWCLK -> PA14
VAPP      -> VDD

I am not sure about boot0 and boot1

As far as i know you have to power the STM board externally, because the ST-Link doesn't powers the board up.

I'm using these same pins, but it didn't connect.

21 minutes ago, Capellão said:
what everything indicates, it is necessary that the bootloader is loaded in the STM32 so that the access via USB is possible. These boards do not have this base software loaded.

can we flash the USB bootloader via the ST-Link ?

On 11/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, Capellão said:
I'm using these same pins, but it didn't connect.

I flash my PlusCart firmware via ST-Link all the time. I only connect SCLK, SDIO, and GND to the ST-Link. The cart is programmed while sitting in a powered-on Atari 7800 for power. I've never needed to bother with resistors.  It's just wired directly to the st-link as shown in the post below. I've also seen that sometime STM32 Cube Programmer has trouble detecting the st-link properly. If the Serial Number is not populated with a valid number, try enabling Shared, and refreshing the Serial Number.

image.thumb.png.364ff01572e807de932f5ab556324fd1.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZackAttack said:

I flash my PlusCart firmware via ST-Link all the time. I only connect SCLK, SDIO, and GND to the ST-Link. The cart is programmed while sitting in a powered-on Atari 7800 for power. I've never needed to bother with resistors.  It's just wired directly to the st-link as shown in the post below. I've also seen that sometime STM32 Cube Programmer has trouble detecting the st-link properly. If the Serial Number is not populated with a valid number, try enabling Shared, and refreshing the Serial Number.

image.thumb.png.364ff01572e807de932f5ab556324fd1.png

Hi,

how are the boot positions?