IGNORED

EuroCon 2003 News!

lenno

Hi,

we just updated the EuroCon 2003-page - everybody can now download the registration-form.

Just go to http://www.eurocon2003.de .

We also made an updated plan and information about hotels etc.

Some more facts about the Con:

• The price for the weekend is 50 Euro

• This includes entrance to the EuroCon 2003, to RetroGames, to the “RetroBörse”, one table at the “RetroBörse”, free entrance to cinema, free coffee and water, free snacks (self service) and two lunches/diners, prices (if you win) and a lot of fun. On Friday and Saturday the whole RetroGames-Club is only open for us.

• NOT included are hotel, transporting and extra drinks like beer and soft drinks – but they will be cheap enough (1 € / bottle at the club).

• Saturday is the "public day" - because of the Tradeshow, the screening of TRON and the party at the GoTec - we are always open on Saturdays to the public. Don't underestimate a crowd of guests who wants to play, and the door is closed ;-). We will provide a secure place/room for your stuff. Friday evening and Sunday will be closed to the public.

• If you need more information, or have some ideas or remarks, please contact us at info@eurocon2003.de - I hope it works now.

Lenno and TheJek

Hi there!

The tables cost 15 Euro each for normal sellers (without EuroCon)

Oh... hm... actually I didn't want to sell anything, just bring a VCS+TV and showcase a few Homebrew games... and I didn't want to occupy MaOs table the whole day again for that... :wink:

Greetings,

Manuel

This sounds like it would be a tremendous amount of fun.  I see you have at least one American visitor already.

That's just a preliminary list and, unfortunately, Rick cannot make it this year.. :sad:

But that shouldn't prevent any of you American fun-loving classic videogaming guys and gals to come to Germany! Get on that plane, take a short vacation, meet some of your Euro AtariAge friends, and sniff some of our lovely culture! I dare you!

I promise you, we won't bite :evil:

Cheers,

Marco

That's just a preliminary list and' date=' unfortunately, Rick cannot make it this year.. :sad: [/quote']

Ahh, that's too bad. :(

But that shouldn't prevent any of you American fun-loving classic videogaming guys and gals to come to Germany! Get on that plane, take a short vacation, meet some of your Euro AtariAge friends, and sniff some of our lovely culture! I dare you!

I agree, it would be fun. I need to look and see how much tickets are, and how much it's going to cost overall. Maybe I can get a table and sell some games from our store and help recoup some of the costs. :) Of course, then I'd have to build a bunch of PAL carts..

I promise you, we won't bite :evil:

You'll just speak German and talk about us behind our backs. :)

..Al

Cheers,

Marco

I agree, it would be fun.  I need to look and see how much tickets are, and how much it's going to cost overall.  Maybe I can get a table and sell some games from our store and help recoup some of the costs.  :)  Of course, then I'd have to build a bunch of PAL carts..

Sounds like a killer idea! Would you bring that dozen of Commodore monitors you drag around the US also? :D

You'll just speak German and talk about us behind our backs.

Heheh, you obviously don't know how lousy my German is :)

Cheers,

Marco

Sounds like a killer idea! Would you bring that dozen of Commodore monitors you drag around the US also? :D

Ha ha! Yeah' date=' they'll fit under the seat in front of me on the airplane, no problem! :) :)

You'll just speak German and talk about us behind our backs.

Heheh, you obviously don't know how lousy my German is :)

Oh, that's right, you're in the Netherlands, not Germany.. My bad, sorry! That doesn't mean you won't talk behind my back, though!

..Al

Hey...   Whereabouts IS Karlsruhe?  In what direction from Frankfurt?  I might actually be able to stop by since I'll be in Germany for Oktoberfest and other things...

~100 km south of Frankfurt, so no big detour. :)

About how far north of Muenchen is that though?

Hi there!

About how far north of Muenchen is that though?

Well, the horizontal distance may be less than 20 Km, but Karlsruhe is some 300 Km west of Muenchen :)

But it's easy to get there by car, there's an Autobahn (the A8 ) going straight from Muenchen to Karlsruhe, so even I can get there without sattelite navigation :wink:

If you're going from Munich to Karlsruhe, you could also come to Augsburg by train, and then we can travel the rest with my car.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

I wonder why nobody simply has a look at a map. :?

Hm... did I say anything wrong? I've been driving the A8 up and down quite a lot in recent years (I've been living 3 years in Stuttgart and another 3 years in Frankfurt) so I'm quite certain with my 300 Km guess from Munich to Karlsruhe, even without consulting a map... :wink:

Greetings,

Manuel