IGNORED

Monkey Moon program in Oscar's book

Thank DZ,  as I get more familiar with it, then I'll ask.  I know that for me to understand more of what I'm doing, will require some experimenting. So I don't want ask too many questions about something I don't understand as of yet.  One of the files I sent was copied directly out of the book.  But if I put something in wrong spot, then I placed the copy / paste info in the same spots. So there won't be any need to review the other file. It didn't run either (because I put all of the info in the same spots that I typed on the previous one).

18 minutes ago, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

Thank DZ,  as I get more familiar with it, then I'll ask.  I know that for me to understand more of what I'm doing, will require some experimenting. So I don't want ask too many questions about something I don't understand as of yet.  One of the files I sent was copied directly out of the book.  But if I put something in wrong spot, then I placed the copy / paste info in the same spots. So there won't be any need to review the other file. It didn't run either (because I put all of the info in the same spots that I typed on the previous one).

No worries.

By the way, right when you and @carlsson where responding, I updated my last response with additional information.  Since we now moved to another page, I thought you may want to go back to check it out, just in case. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, carlsson said:

One difference between classic BASIC and IntyBASIC is that in the older interpreters, DATA was a keyword which was parsed just like everyone else meaning you could easily interleave it with rest of the code. Here it is compiled into a set of data values that are addressed from the program and you would need to GOTO your way around an inlined DATA block in order to avoid running into it as if it was code. In that respect, IntyBASIC is more alike C or (I presume) Pascal that you keep code and data fairly separate, or at least the main part of your program that isn't part of procedures/subroutines.

Thanks @carlsson!  It is definitely different.  This is bringing back a lot of memories using basic.  I don't think I've use FOR / NEXT since 1987!  I know that I'll get it the hang of it. As I am going through the book, I try to make a comment on each statement for my reference.

7 minutes ago, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

Thanks @carlsson!  It is definitely different.  This is bringing back a lot of memories using basic.  I don't think I've use FOR / NEXT since 1987!  I know that I'll get it the hang of it. As I am going through the book, I try to make a comment on each statement for my reference.

Glad you could solve it. I typically tend to have more time the Sunday, but these weekends I'm passing more time with my daughter so I had time until today to read this thread!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Timey Retro Gamer said:

Also, as you get acquainted with each statement and keyword, you may want to look them up in the IntyBASIC manual as well (which is referenced in the back of the book), just pick up any additional requirements, constraints, or caveats that may be related to them.

-dZ.

• Like 1