IGNORED

Atari Flashback X is UI crashing / Corrupt game?

I have an Atari Flashback X deluxe, it had firmware 0.1.7  .. for some reason page 2, and selecting paddle games, freezes the UI .. I can still hear the music playing but I have to power cycle the system . I can got from page 1, 12, 11, 10 etc.. but once I hit page 2 in any direction, the UI freezes, same thing when I get to " paddle games " on the side menu.   Im thinking Breakout is the cause . page 2 is the B games, and breakout is the only paddle B game on the system .. I think?

I used the RKDevTool to erase the flash, and load FW 0.1.5  FW 0.1.18 ( for the non deluxe ) and someones custom FW I got from here....     Same issue no matter the FW im am using.

it has to be a bad rom or something...   Any ideas guys???  thanks!

Update:   I found firmware  0.1.2 for the deluxe, I installed that and while I lost a handful of games ( I believe it was the 8 extra that came with the deluxe (S) model ( no biggie ... the system works...   What on earth could be causing the newer updates to crash page 2 in the game selection menus is beyond me...   id like to be able to install firmware that will allow me to add my own games on a flash drive, I dont have the dongle yet to test, so does anyone know if 0.1.2 for the X deluxe has usb games function?  Im happy with this FW if it does.   thanks!

Edited by MikeDijital777
spelling

Updating over 0.1.2 with 0.1.5 should be ok.

If I were you , I would load up AndroidTools and in the advanced tab, I would select erase SN button, then the erase LBA button , once those are completed you should then select the 0.1.2.img you have, then hit erase flash.

Wait for that to finish, then back in the advanced tab, select the reset device button.  This will reboot back into AndroidTools.  Now flash the 0.1.2 fw, then reboot.  Then flash the 0.1.5 fw.

Then install Brads CFW.  If it still does that after that, you have a bad nand chip and there is nothing you could do about it.

10 hours ago, MrFister said:

Updating over 0.1.2 with 0.1.5 should be ok.

If I were you , I would load up AndroidTools and in the advanced tab, I would select erase SN button, then the erase LBA button , once those are completed you should then select the 0.1.2.img you have, then hit erase flash.

Wait for that to finish, then back in the advanced tab, select the reset device button.  This will reboot back into AndroidTools.  Now flash the 0.1.2 fw, then reboot.  Then flash the 0.1.5 fw.

Then install Brads CFW.  If it still does that after that, you have a bad nand chip and there is nothing you could do about it.

Could you point me in the direction of " brads CFW " I want to give this a try , thanks so much!

Edit : im so stupid, its in the post right below this one lol ..   should I use the download in the first post, or was there updates to it in later posts?   thanks

Edited by MikeDijital777
Update

7 hours ago, Draxxon said:

Is sounds like the kind of crash that happens when you have a rom in the /game folder with a bad file name.
like if the file name is just too damn long, it will crash the system like you described.

That was my thought, ive soft modded xbox's and done CFW for my nes and snes mini....   im new to the flashbacks, not sure how to get into it and change the file names.