IGNORED

4-player Maze Game (2K)

Karl G

I have been having fun lately coming up with 4-player games that make use of the QuadTari.  I wanted to see if I could make a 4-player maze game with no sprite flicker and distinct player/object/maze colors and fit it into 2K, and this is the result.

The object of the game, if you are the finder (red arrow) is to collect 10 pairs of the green semicircles, and avoid getting caught by the chasers. The goal for the 3 chasers is to simply catch the finder 10 times before your fellow chasers do, and before the finder collects his 10 semicircle pairs.

Setting the left difficulty switch to "A" disabled the background "music".

chaser_2.thumb.png.84b5b3ac61a3500ddb624852f87c7a46.png

chaser.bin

• Like 10

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the new QUADTARI game CHASER on tomorrow's (Tue Feb 23, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

18 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the new QUADTARI game CHASER on tomorrow's (Tue Feb 23, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Well cool ... but do you maybe want to save this one for when it's safe to have four people in your space again? For now at least it's 4-player only. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Well cool ... but do you maybe want to save this one for when it's safe to have four people in your space again? For now at least it's 4-player only. 

We'll definitely be playing all the QuadTari games again when we're allowed to have extra people in the house. For us in Canada... that may be a VERY LONG TIME and I don't want to put off talking about all the great new QuadTari games that are coming out for possibly a year or more. ?

For now... multitasking with two joysticks!! Maybe I can get the cats to use the foot pedal controller that came with Thrust+ Collectors Edition if I put treats on it?

- James

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 8:40 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We'll definitely be playing all the QuadTari games again when we're allowed to have extra people in the house. For us in Canada... that may be a VERY LONG TIME and I don't want to put off talking about all the great new QuadTari games that are coming out for possibly a year or more. ?

For now... multitasking with two joysticks!! Maybe I can get the cats to use the foot pedal controller that came with Thrust+ Collectors Edition if I put treats on it?

- James

Yeah maybe, I've seen lab mice use lever to reward systems before. Probably be fairly random input unless you make a 2600 game specifically for cats. ?

Got myself a keyboard controller on the way for gopher/mole whacking. ? Is the foot pedal any fun, seen some for sale?

Wow Karl G sure has been producing a lot of QuadTari goodness. :)

2 minutes ago, BladeJunker said:

Got myself a keyboard controller on the way for gopher/mole whacking. ? Is the foot pedal any fun, seen some for sale?

The foot pedal can be found without too much effort, there's one on EBay right now, and it's a definitely must for playing Thrust. I'm sure there's some more games that use the second controller for input that you can assign to the FootPedal but not off the top of my head. Having all these different types of controllers makes playing homebrew on the 2600 a ton of fun. ?

9 minutes ago, BladeJunker said:

Wow Karl G sure has been producing a lot of QuadTari goodness. :)

He's made some great games that you can easily pick and play for the QuadTari, I hope he keeps it up!

- James

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Chaser with four people as part of our multi-player gaming extravaganza on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)