IGNORED

How long have you been a member of eBay?

CPUWIZ

Just since 2013 here. But what a fantastic thing it has been for me.

While I truly understand the hate Ebay gets I still consider it one of the great results of the internet age.  Using the world's virtual flea market I have bought many video game items, movies, CDs and memorabilia (sports, rock, etc.) that at a prior time I would have though impossible to find.  Yeah, I've overpaid on some things but was just happy that I could so easily obtain long lost things from my younger days.

That said, I am still mad as hell about the new requirement of providing them a checking account number to continue to sell items on their site.  It ain't happening with me and I would assume many other "casual" sellers will also tell them to forget it.  It will be interesting to see how this affects EBay - I hold out hope that it will affect enough business to make them change this new policy back to being able to use Paypal.

• Like 2

(1861) 

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%

Just a fun fact, I've been with them since they were AuctionWeb which was based out of just California at the time starting in 1995.  Originally they only served in state auctions, originally northern part of the state too as a local thing but expanded fast south to cover the whole state.  Taken from the wikipedia on ebay: The company officially changed the name of its service from AuctionWeb to eBay in September 1997.

July 1999 for me and I used to love it. Not so much any more.

5 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

That said, I am still mad as hell about the new requirement of providing them a checking account number to continue to sell items on their site.  It ain't happening with me and I would assume many other "casual" sellers will also tell them to forget it.  It will be interesting to see how this affects EBay - I hold out hope that it will affect enough business to make them change this new policy back to being able to use Paypal.

I'm with you on this one..... I won't sell there anymore because of this change.

• Like 1

I took over my sisters account in 1999 and used that for about 10 years.  Then I stopped using E-Bay and they closed the account after it went dormant for a few years.  I currently have a different account that I opened up and use infrequently.