IGNORED

Captain Harlynx

Bob_63

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 6:18 PM, Bob_63 said:

Thanks again for all your comments.

I' m trying to improve continuously the game and for sure before last update will try to consider all remarks.

Before vacations' this is a last version

I've missed this.  Looks amazing! Would love to see it on my McWill screen Lynx II.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 7:28 PM, 4ever2600 said:

Stephen, download the playable demo from this thread and try it on an emulator or if you own a flashcard, on the real hardware...

Thanks - I went back to the 1st post and grabbed the ROM.  I' am lucky in that I have a SainT multi-cart as well as the modded screen.  I will fire this up tonight.

• Thanks 1

Technically this is superimpressive! Your coding skills are great, I have never seen such level of background effects, sprite density in a Lynx game!

But, to be 100% honest, I think the sprites  images and  bullet patterns need some polish and tweaking. It is really hard to see what is going on and the enemy bullets seem to be all over the place.

Are you supposed to dodge them? For my understanding, it often looks like you can't and they will hit your ship.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello

Thanks for the returns and comments.

About the complexity of the gameplay, your return Agradeneu is similar as others seen after demo beta testing in atari-gamer.

I'll take in count this point by modifying the contrast (colors) between the background and the first plan.

about the enemies balls, the goal is to be able to dodge them. 

my priority is to ending the game "story"

about the next steps :

1) currently : definition of the last part (final boss fighting) => end of the year

2) ending game table

3) global overview of bug fixing, speed optimization, gameplay optimization (including contrast). and maybe sound optimization. (memory free space after optimizatoin allow more sounds effects, I hope)

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A new video to inform you that, despite the long time of programmation, the game progress continuously.

Only final boss fight

a hard and long optimization of the speed have been done (3 months of works) that make game more playable on real lynx (checked by my son) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Bob_63

On 5/23/2023 at 4:43 AM, Bob_63 said:

A new video to inform you that, despite the long time of programmation, the game progress continuously.

Only final boss fight

a hard and long optimization of the speed have been done (3 months of works) that make game more playable on real lynx (checked by my son) 

- Is the emulator that you are using Handy 0.95?  This version has a issue with sound. There is a later version of Handy that resolves the sound issue (Handy.0971).

- Details on (Handy.0971 can be found at

- Handy 0/971 isn't on the SourceForge page but there is a Dropbox link in the thread here on AtariAge so that you can download it

• Like 1