IGNORED

Chat

Andrew Davie

A few thoughts:

1) The chat room should be on the home page, not in setup

2) Add a count after "Chat room" to show # unread messages. "Chat Room (32 unread)".  That way you see if there's anything waiting without having to go to it, and more particularly it gets loaded frequently.

3) Consider removing the timestamps. 

4) Use different (preset) background colours for each user's text/entry/data

5) set # menu entries to 2 for chats, so you can only select go back or new message. Everything should still work OK with this (including next page, I hope)

6) Remove the blank line between each message -- because (4) will cover this OK

7) If the same user has two or more consecutive messages only show the name once.

8 ) remove the --- line, as (4) will now make it obvious that there's a different area

Edited by Andrew Davie

I went into the chat room to prepare to show it off on the stream tonight as you suggested but didn't see any of the things you're talking about above. The chat room is under setup and labelled 'Users Online' right?

It didn't have any messages or any ability for me to type a message, below is what is showed. Is the chat ability only for people using draft versions?

- James

EDIT: It appears that I don't have a cart that's enabled to update with draft versions so I'm not able to show off the chat functions. I'll see if I can arrange to have one of my PlusCarts carts enabled for draft versions so I can show this off on the next show.

image.thumb.png.fb8539790f394e67bf67de4695260eb7.png

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew