IGNORED

CLUB COLECOVISION

tanuki

I think you ask yourself too many questions my friends ^^. You worry a lot about not much. You have plenty of time to get the games, even over several years. And besides, as our little picture shows, even if you don't want Pengy (which would be a shame), there's at least one other game you'll want because it's really good.

But at Côté Gamers we listen to our supporters and we will put something in place for those who support us without necessarily having all our games.

• Like 2

I would like to point out that the initial post did not, and currently does not mention that the 3 games have to be ColecoVision games. I even asked if my Intellivision and O2 games would count, but then went ahead and pulled the trigger without waiting for the answer. My mistake.

To be clear : we can't include games other than colecovision's, we can't include games other than colecovision's, but we're trying to make sure that people who own other Côté Gamers "products" can still have the game under certain conditions.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, doubledown said:

So Cote Gamers is selling a "club" and offering a free game to members with 3 other games...but what buyers are looking at, is they have to pay for this club (that maybe they don't care about), plus own 3 other games...just to have a chance to own this one other exclusive game.  

This is exactly it.  The club is a very poor value if you remove the "free" game from the equation.  If you took the game out of the listing, who would pay 75€ just for a magazine, sticker, and miniature?  So basically, it's not really a free game.  It's part of the club package, which requires people to meet certain prerequisites in order to receive it.  The questions and confusion here in this thread are enough to indicate that this is an ill-conceived offering.  As I stated before, it is unnecessarily complicated and it will ultimately result in less people joining the club, but I guess maybe that is what they want.

40 minutes ago, Sargon said:

This is exactly it.  The club is a very poor value if you remove the "free" game from the equation.  If you took the game out of the listing, who would pay 75€ just for a magazine, sticker, and miniature?  So basically, it's not really a free game.  It's part of the club package, which requires people to meet certain prerequisites in order to receive it.  The questions and confusion here in this thread are enough to indicate that this is an ill-conceived offering.  As I stated before, it is unnecessarily complicated and it will ultimately result in less people joining the club, but I guess maybe that is what they want.

It is not one magazine .. it is 4 magazines per year .  And it is not a little magazine it is at least 40 pages.  and i don't count the other things .

If you are just interested by a game , the club is not for you , i would say.   Keep your money and buy a game.

and i'm sure that when you will see that the club members will receive this year :

1- you will regret to not be a member this year.

2- you will jump on next year offer.

I ready to bet.  :)

You can not imagine what Coté-Gamers is able to do.

And the price is 40 euros.    (the rest is shipping cost nothing that will come in the pocket of Coté Gamer)   ...   Less than the price of one game!

The game is totally Free for members with 3 games ...  it is just a club advantage. 

I don't know how club use to be in the US or in other countries,   but in France  CLUBs work like that.  When you are a CLUB Member you have access to certain things and other things under condition.

I still remember un Music Club i was member in the 80s.  Each month i received a magazine and badges , i could order Music Tape   and each 5 tapes i ordered i could have a Free one as i was club member.  that's exacly the same principle.

• Like 1

Youki, I don't think you can make sargon see reason. From the moment he considers the offer as complicated, when all you have to do is register and have our 3 previous games to get a free game, it's lost in advance.

As it was said, the subscription is 40€, the remaining 30€ are the fdp. Even considering 75€ for the offer, that would make the magazine + the cards + the exclusive gifts at 18.75€ per issue including shipping from France to the US, Asia or anywhere else.

Anyway, why would anyone want the exclusive game, if they don't already have our other games or at least some of them? I don't understand the logic.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I feel I need to ask for a refund of my payment. As you have said, "the club is not for me".

Let me explain. Here is what is included with the club.

-A nominative, numbered membership card

Cool. I'm for it.

-One game in a standard Côté Gamers box version (like Uwol) (once a year, reserved for people with at least 3 Côté Gamers games and you'll have to show you still have our games ! We want to reserve these limited games to true fans of Colecovision, not speculators)

We'll come to this is a minute.

-A 40-page color magazine (4 times a year)

-A sheet of A4 stickers (once a year)

-3 encyclopedic sheets (4 times a year for a total of 12 sheets)

Here, for me, we have an issue. I would read your magazine cover to cover, and enjoy the other things, but then I would probably dispose of them. Not because they're not worth keeping, but because I don't have the room. I only have one room as my office/gaming center/man cave/pop culture museum, and it is at critical mass. So stuff I can't absolutely live without will not stay. Sorry, it's just the way it is.

-At least one miniature 3D print replica to collect.

See above.

-A discount of 11€ to be used on the purchase of Pengy (34€ instead of 45€, released in June 2021) + free shipping on this game (sent with the 1st issue of the magazine)

Nice deal, but to be perfectly honest Pengy isn't "my type of game".

So now let's get back to the free game. I like playing games. I like checking them out, and seeing what they're about. I have purchased two big box copies of your Intellivision titles Maria and Fantasy Puzzle, and I have paid in advance for the Odyssey2 game Frozen Fortress, so I know the type of work you put out. They are great.

However, as I said, I like playing games. I have 10 classic systems in my room, and every one of them has a multicart in it. If it is an SD based multicart, I will add roms to it as long as I'm not stepping on anyones toes. I even contacted you folks twice about being able to purchase a rom for Fantasy Puzzle. You didn't respond, so I assume that means "no", and I'm cool with that. You created it, and you determine how it's distributed. When I want to play Fantasy Puzzle or any other game I don't have a rom for, I pull out the cart, and play. However, I prefer to use roms and a multicart because it's easier, it cuts down on wear on the contacts, and it saves room because I don't have the space to store everything. In fact, the only carts I do keep are home-brews.

As far as "exclusive" goes, it's fun to have something that is "limited edition" or "exclusive" to a group. I belong to the Collectorvision Coleco club, and have since the beginning. The first "exclusive" game was Pink Panther. I tried it, and it's beautifully done, but not my type of game. So, it's in the closet. If I ever decide to move it on, Collectorvision will get it back and they can do what they wish, because that's what they requested. The second was Jungle Hunt and that was a bullseye for me. This year, we'll see.

I have limited edition art on the walls of my room, but I bought it because it makes me happy to look at it, not because it's limited edition. I am willing to pay out for a membership to a club that offers an "exclusive" game because most likely, I will like it. However, in this case there's more to it. I not only have to pay for the club participation, but I have to pay for three more ColecoVision titles of yours in order to get the one part of the club experience I can guarantee I'll keep and enjoy more than once.

So, as you said, "the club is not for me". Does this mean that I won't do business with you anymore? Absolutely not. I truly enjoy the games I have and look forward to new titles you produce. The Relic could be a purchase once I find out more about it. For all I know, I could get to the end of the year with three ColecoVision titles I purchased because I wanted to play them, and be kicking myself for not going ahead with this. But I'll take it as it comes.

I hope your project works out for you and is a huge success. I'll be watching closely.

-Chris

Hello Cjherr,

let me answer this first : I even contacted you folks twice about being able to purchase a rom for Fantasy Puzzle. You didn't respond, so I assume that means "no", and I'm cool with that.

Believe me if I never answered it's only because I didn't see your question. I am very sorry, it's my fault. I already answered this question to other people and the answer is : the author is ok but he wants to wait a little more.

We fully understand your arguments. They are very valid!
It is not easy to create something that can interest everyone, while preserving a bit of surprise and making gifts that can please. All we hope is to form a small community through our club. We will see what the future holds.

In any case we will refund you immediately.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everybody.

We are pleased to announce that we will be producing one of our next games on a high capacity cartridge. We will indicate on the boxes that the games use this cartridge.
We would like you to suggest names for the cartridge.

The member of the club who suggests the name we choose will win an exclusive gift!

• Like 1