IGNORED

Show your setup

polyex

Partially because I see other boards on here for other computers showing off, and partially because I really love my new clear case and want to show it off too...

Reply with your setups!

Right now running with A2Heaven FastChip //e , Mega Audio and a CFFA 3000, new ReactiveMicro power supply. The monitor is a prison monitor (clear) that I found on eBay. I wish it had speakers built in, but alas only a headphone jack. The Disk Drive you see under the laptop is actually hooked to the laptop via USB for Applesauce.

IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

Edited by polyex
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, bluejay said:

This is the best picture I have of my setup; but it’s a non enhanced IIe with printer, serial, floppy, and extended 80 column card with a DuoDisk drive and Apple Monitor II. 

What sort of printer do you use? Do you use the printer much? I have an ImageWriter gifted to me in a box but I have not hooked it up yet. I do remember liking to print code on continuous paper and draw lines with color markers to get a birds eye view of what was going on in the code, something I do not think I can do with a modern printer.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 11:51 PM, polyex said:

What sort of printer do you use? Do you use the printer much? I have an ImageWriter gifted to me in a box but I have not hooked it up yet. I do remember liking to print code on continuous paper and draw lines with color markers to get a birds eye view of what was going on in the code, something I do not think I can do with a modern printer.

It’s just the card and not the printer. However, if I were to use a printer it would be a generic parallel port printer as that’s what the printer card accepts. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, Baldrick said:

Here’s mine. 
doing 24-7 duty running The Brewery BBS. 
Telnet to:  thebrewery.servebeer.com:6400

FAFE61FE-9F98-4868-8043-3F6AA074D291.jpeg

What did you think of the clear keys from the guys that make the case? I did not order them as I think the clear case with the original keys looks cooler

On 4/27/2021 at 7:21 PM, polyex said:

What did you think of the clear keys from the guys that make the case? I did not order them as I think the clear case with the original keys looks cooler

I thought it was pretty interesting.  I placed my order for one.

We'll see how it looks.  I might install them onto my other IIe that has a solid colour (standard) case and leave this one as-is.

But if the keyboard feel is as good as they say...

By the way...what have you got in slot 1 in your clear IIe?  It's "clearly" (haw!) an A2Heaven card, but which one?

Edited by Baldrick

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I thought it was pretty interesting.  I placed my order for one.

We'll see how it looks.  I might install them onto my other IIe that has a solid colour (standard) case and leave this one as-is.

But if the keyboard feel is as good as they say...

By the way...what have you got in slot 1 in your clear IIe?  It's "clearly" (haw!) an A2Heaven card, but which one?

The accelerator card. I highly recommend it. You can fine tune your speed, say for a game that is a little too slow at stock speed but would be unplayable at super high speed. Xevious is a really good example. I prefer being able to fine tune the speed to other accelerators that are all or none. I have had it for I think a couple of years and it has been bullet proof. You do need a little noodling to get basic to accelerate, but overall it is excellent.

7 hours ago, Papalapa said:

Here's mine.

The keyboard in front belongs to the iMac G4 (not in picture). My Apple IIe has the wDrive connected as you can see. It works like a charm, in fact I don't use floppies anymore...

IMG_2325.thumb.JPG.6242ad5686428c5e1281fd961d6187fb.JPG

Sorry to go off topic, but I see what looks like an S-100 computer... What is it?

20 hours ago, bluejay said:

Sorry to go off topic, but I see what looks like an S-100 computer... What is it?

Most probably do you refer to the machine you've seen on the right side of the picture it isn't?

If so, it's a Casio FX-9000P, the first personal "computer" made by Casio:

casio.thumb.JPG.ec78475bb3888ddce7dc94b2347ffc82.JPG

Here's the history if this machine if do you want more information...

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 1:48 AM, polyex said:

The accelerator card. I highly recommend it. You can fine tune your speed, say for a game that is a little too slow at stock speed but would be unplayable at super high speed. Xevious is a really good example. I prefer being able to fine tune the speed to other accelerators that are all or none. I have had it for I think a couple of years and it has been bullet proof. You do need a little noodling to get basic to accelerate, but overall it is excellent.

I have the Fastchip IIe in Slot 3 of mine - that's what I assumed was in your slot 3.

So if you have the Fastchip IIe in slot 1, what's in slot 3?

80 Column card. 

14 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I have the Fastchip IIe in Slot 3 of mine - that's what I assumed was in your slot 3.

So if you have the Fastchip IIe in slot 1, what's in slot 3?

I have an 80 column card, but nothing is in slot 3. You are probably seeing the sound card in slot 4, that one is lit up too.

On 5/1/2021 at 5:03 AM, Papalapa said:

Most probably do you refer to the machine you've seen on the right side of the picture it isn't?

If so, it's a Casio FX-9000P, the first personal "computer" made by Casio:

casio.thumb.JPG.ec78475bb3888ddce7dc94b2347ffc82.JPG

Here's the history if this machine if do you want more information...

It has a qwerty keyboard, so by SAT rules it's a computer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI-89_series#United_States

• Like 1