IGNORED

Print shop in 2021?

MikeDijital777

I loved Printshop on the IIc as a kid. I still fire it up in my emulator just to look at the graphics and borders and whatnot ...   Is there any emulator the somehow allows modern printers to print printshop signs, or cards or like a modern fan made rendition of printshop.  Seems like something my nerd generation would love with all the old is new again going on.

thanks everyone  ?

Screenshot_2021-03-06 print shop apple ii - Google Search.png

• Like 1

I'm sure they made PrintShop for the PC. And Hallmark Greeting Card Maker. There was also Microsoft's Picture-It! Photo Premium 9, also for the PC. Though MS PIPP9 doesn't have a PS-like interface, it does all the same things and so much more in spirit. A very useful 2004'ish XP era program that was a pack-in on many Centrino systems.

Im looking more for a true to the Apple II port  Circa 84/85 that will print the final picture... OR  will display the final picture so I can screen grab it...   I just found a certain nostalgic charm to those signs and now I have a son of my own who is into the stuff a bit thought it would be fun to make keep out signs for his room like I did in the 80's ....    sans that AWESOME Imagewriter print noise!  

Edited by MikeDijital777

If you get Virtual II you can set up and Imagewriter printer as part of it. Then print your Print Shop card or whatever, click on the printer graphic and save what you printed, it saves as a PDF. Then print the PDF on your regular computer. It will have the Old School look, since you printed it virtually first.

magnusfalkirk has the right idea.

If you use Virtual II (Mac only) configure your machine to have a Super Serial Card in slot 1 and an ImageWriter Printer attached to it.

When you run your disk image of Print Shop and "print" to the Imagewriter, Virtual II will store the image.  When you click on the printer icon it will show you your output at which point you can save it as a PDF and print it out using your modern Mac.