IGNORED

Games You've Probably Never Knew Existed

Correct. With the possible exception of Super Trolley, none of those games you mention were familiar to me, despite many having "big" names such as Dr. Ruth, Benny Hill, Charlie Chaplin etc.

Like you wrote, there are oceans full of obscure games but I think you made a good selection digging out some that should have some sort of recognition.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, classicgamer74 said:

In this episode of my channel I discuss games that are not well known.  Since computers have more games and programs than any console, it is not uncommon for some games to fall through the cracks.  If you have any suggestions for games for a later episode, let me know!  Thanks!

Oh man, what shock and horror would be on the face of a son or daughter should a parent walk in on them playing 'Game of Good Sex'! ?

On 3/8/2021 at 3:24 AM, carlsson said:

Correct. With the possible exception of Super Trolley, none of those games you mention were familiar to me, despite many having "big" names such as Dr. Ruth, Benny Hill, Charlie Chaplin etc.

Like you wrote, there are oceans full of obscure games but I think you made a good selection digging out some that should have some sort of recognition.

Thank you for your kind words. You being a computer game encyclopedia, can you give any recommendations? 

Not sure. I am thinking in terms of different themes. For instance you could have the dating theme with games of varying degree of obscurity, ranging from the rather well known Barbie (1985), via Don Juan (1984) to various other games that border to adult content.

Then you have all those early Hungarian games which is a special category to me. Arctic Shipwreck, Buffalo Roundup and Water Sprite, Dancing Monster, Save Me Brave Knight etc. Many of those have been featured in videos before, but I'm not sure if anyone did a catch-up of them all, even better if you were able to dig out any form of background information. Perhaps some of those people were emigrants who just happened to have a surname that sounds Hungarian-ish, but sure Commodore seems to have found several teams at once, just like they obtained a relation with the far more known HAL in Japan.

Of course there are many more games that are just plain weird. There is a PET game (converted to C64) called Toker which perhaps is a touchy subject to make an YT video about. There is also Killer Bunny on the PET (the C64 version is not properly made and won't play as expected). On the MSX2 you have Leather Skirts which perhaps promises more than it delivers, a very big maze you have to traverse to pick up skirts, and I suppose if you collect them all, in the end you might be greeted with pics of scantly clad women in their skirts.

Just a few random tips, of which neither really is an umpteenth clone of a popular arcade game. Exactly how interesting it would be to make videos discussing them is another matter.

• Like 2