IGNORED

Ordered a week ago, zero communication

donjn

Does anyone know how long it takes the Harmony Cart to arrive? I am on the West Coast and I ordered mine on Tuesday, March 2nd. I have sent emails to the Harmony email address and also sent a PM to Batari on this website to get shipping details and have not heard a word in almost a week.

Is communication usually this slow? 

Edited by donjn
  • Haha 1

Yes, communication can be this slow. Fred is busy building each cart by hand. And considering he is selling 2 different versions of Harmony Carts and the newly launched Concerto Cart which has a VERY HIGH demand right now. Thus he may be a little slow in responding to emails etc. because it's a one man show building carts and refining and upgrading firmware for said carts.

I don't mean to sound harsh but I think you could exercise a little patience. It's barely been 4 business days. since you placed your order. Also you didn't order this from Amazon so different expectations should be in play.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Yes, communication can be this slow. Fred is busy building each cart by hand. And considering he is selling 2 different versions of Harmony Carts and the newly launched Concerto Cart which has a VERY HIGH demand right now. Thus he may be a little slow in responding to emails etc. because it's a one man show building carts and refining and upgrading firmware for said carts.

I don't mean to sound harsh but I think you could exercise a little patience. It's barely been 4 business days. since you placed your order. Also you didn't order this from Amazon so different expectations should be in play.  

I understand but I am talking about communication not really shipping. If it takes a couple weeks fine but I would like to get an email or PM answered after a few days which it has now been. Business days don't really apply to emails and especially PMs on this site considering Batari has been on this site over the weekend a lot, answering questions but he has not even looked at his PMs at all. 

But alas, I will show some patience..

Edited by donjn

5 minutes ago, youxia said:

In the world of homebrew peripherial manufacturing a few days is nothing. It's advised to apply a sort of "dog years" multiplier to the amount of days passed without contact before starting to get worried ;)

Yeah but UnoCarts are available ASAP. I guess I am just anxious because I received my new Atari 2600 s-video system and want to start playing.

I just want to know if its gonna be a week or a month or two months? That's not too much to ask is it?

13 hours ago, donjn said:

Does anyone know how long it takes the Harmony Cart to arrive? I am on the West Coast and I ordered mine on Tuesday, March 2nd. I have sent emails to the Harmony email address and also sent a PM to Batari on this website to get shipping details and have not heard a word in almost a week.

Is communication usually this slow?

Your cart shipped out yesterday, and the shipping label was created over the weekend, and as a part of that, a shipping notice should have gone to your email. I figured that shipping email would satisfy your desire for communication, but apparently, you haven't seen the email?

I will reiterate for future people seeing this message that the Harmony Order Faq specifies that USA orders take 3-10 days to arrive, and this FAQ has been in place for nearly a decade. Times have been longer in some cases due to a recent backlog and slow shipping due to COVID. The 10 days may include one week of lead time. The reason is because Harmony carts are built to order, as you can specify your options (SD, microSD, standard or Encore).

However, in the era of Amazon 2-day shipping, people have gotten really anxious about it in recent years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, batari said:

Your cart shipped out yesterday, and the shipping label was created over the weekend, and as a part of that, a shipping notice should have gone to your email. I figured that shipping email would satisfy your desire for communication, but apparently, you haven't seen the email?

I will reiterate for future people seeing this message that the Harmony Order Faq specifies that USA orders take 3-10 days to arrive, and this FAQ has been in place for nearly a decade. Times have been longer in some cases due to a recent backlog and slow shipping due to COVID. The 10 days may include one week of lead time. The reason is because Harmony carts are built to order, as you can specify your options (SD, microSD, standard or Encore).

However, in the era of Amazon 2-day shipping, people have gotten really anxious about it in recent years.

My apologies, I found the email. No excuses, it was not even in my junkmail.

Quick question, is there a place that compares Harmony with Harmony Encore side by side? I could not find it on the site. I am hoping Harmony can play some of my favorites like Supercharger conversions, Alien 8k, Conquest of Mars, Crazy Balloon, Halo 2600, Oystron, Toyshop Trouble, etc, etc..

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 11:57 AM, donjn said:

My apologies, I found the email. No excuses, it was not even in my junkmail.

Quick question, is there a place that compares Harmony with Harmony Encore side by side? I could not find it on the site. I am hoping Harmony can play some of my favorites like Supercharger conversions, Alien 8k, Conquest of Mars, Crazy Balloon, Halo 2600, Oystron, Toyshop Trouble, etc, etc..

from another thread, @SpiceWare said this below, so I don’t believe any of those wouldn’t run. I believe the current list of games that won’t play on a non-harmony-encore  cart can be counted on one hand (but I might be wrong). Bitchess ( @Andrew Davie), an education cart from SAmerica (64k), Penult ( @Karl G) (128k). I believe the CDFJ driver is supported so all the new Mappy (?)/Galagon   @johnnywc /Frenzy (Spiceware) fun is intact.

Harmony: 32K ROM and 8K RAM

Encore: 512K RAM that's used as ROM or RAM as needed by the game.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 2