IGNORED

WTB (God help me): Tiger R-Zone, Sega Pocket Arcade, Grip Games

jgkspsx

I don’t know why, I guess masochism, but I want to pick up some of the Tiger R-Zone games I haven’t gotten to try. Panzer Dragoon is so good for the Tiger LCD range that I want to believe there’s something else that good. Most interested in:

Apollo 13 (!!!!)
NiGHTS Into Dreams (found!)

Virtua Fighter 2 (found!)

Virtua Cop (found!)

Indy 500 (found!)

Road Rash 3 (found!)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (found!)

Batman and Robin (found)

Star Wars (found)

Independence Day (found)

Men in Black (found)
Judge Dredd

VR Troopers

Mask of Zorro

Football

I am also looking for the Super Screen overlay slides for Daytona USA and Independence Day.

I am looking for them to play and review, and I don’t want new in box ones if they have any value as such. I don’t care about condition much as long as they work completely and reliably.

It would be awesome if they included manuals, though. I would like to scan and upload as many as I can get my hands on. I am looking for manuals for all Star Wars games, Apollo 13, and Area 51.

I am also looking for Sega Pocket Arcade games made by Tiger, particularly Bug!, Ecco, Eternal Champions, Amazing Sonic, Sonic Blast, Indy 500, and Super Monaco. Edit: got Bug! and Ecco. And Eternal Champions. And the rest of them. Now I’m looking for Streets of Rage and to a lesser extent Virtua Cop (found) and Virtua Fighter.

I am also looking for three Tiger Grip Games: Armageddon, Goldeneye 007, and House of the Dead.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

I have a R-Zone XPG and the following games:

• Indy 500
  • Star Wars Millennium Falcon Challenge
  • Star Wars Jedi Adventure
  • Daytona USA

I'd really like to get rid of this as one lot.

I typed up the instructions for a game. I think I may have another one laying around here somewhere.

starwarsjediadventureinstructions.txt

It’s worth keeping for Panzer Dragoon alone. That’s a great game. (I just now played through it, so it’s not just nostalgia talking - I posted my thoughts on the system and the games I have on an old thread in the general Classic Consoles forum.)

PM on the way!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good luck with your collection. Do you have a YouTube or website where you'll be posting your reviews and instruction scans? I'd be interested. 

I had an R-Zone as a kid, got it for Christmas one year, it was the headset that came with Batman. I actually enjoyed the thing. I've heard Panzer Dragoon was fun, which has made me morbidly curious on picking one up, but it can be quite hard to find!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeremysart said:

Good luck with your collection. Do you have a YouTube or website where you'll be posting your reviews and instruction scans? I'd be interested.

I've registered rzone dot club but it's not set up yet. I have some manuals scanned but I'm not happy with the quality yet.

Panzer Dragoon is the best game on the system for sure. I would say more than half the games are worth playing depending on your tolerance for the Tiger type of LCD game. Both of the Batman games are the most frustrating on the system for me, as I cannot get the rhythm right and can barely complete a level or two. Any tips?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I've registered rzone dot club but it's not set up yet. I have some manuals scanned but I'm not happy with the quality yet.

Panzer Dragoon is the best game on the system for sure. I would say more than half the games are worth playing depending on your tolerance for the Tiger type of LCD game. Both of the Batman games are the most frustrating on the system for me, as I cannot get the rhythm right and can barely complete a level or two. Any tips?

I'll keep the site bookmarked for future reference! Unfortunately I cannot offer any tips on the Batman game since the last time I handled an R-Zone was 26 years ago haha

• Haha 1