IGNORED

Curious about info/insight to old adult floppy programs (minor suggestive text in image otherwise safe for work)

I recently picked up an impulse lot of adult floppies on eBay that were listed only as "Commodore Apple Amiga IBM" or some such, and after posting in the Commodore section it looks like these are all IBM disks. I am not familiar with Comtec software and a Google search didn't really turn anything up. This seemed interesting enough to impulse win the auction for $5. I remember seeing a few strip poker style disks for the IIe back in the day, but this was weird enough to see on eBay that my collector impulse couldn't help itself. Anyone have something interesting to mention about it or know more about these disks?

C64adultgames.jpg

Cool stuff, looks rather ancient. AR seems like some sort of adult fiction (.doc file) and Pinups is most likely a slideshow. The most interesting is the "Adult Games" disk, might be an actual game. I did search for "Comtec" up in the Total Dos Collection and it's not there, so it could be something rare.

I found matching titles for disks listed in a number of ads for shareware collections. I expect that one of the shareware CDs archived out there would have the same contents but the indexes for shareware CDs are rather poor. 

Comtec Software was a shareware distributor for Apple II, Commodore, and IBM located in western New Jersey. 

• Like 1

I don't currently have a way to read the disks or have an old PC; wish I did now just to see what is on these things and if they work. For $5 sorta didn't really matter to me. :)  If there is basically a plug-and-play version of an old disk drive to usb or something lemme know as I do have a bunch of old (I think 486) disks of like Thexder and stuff that would be fun to check out. 

The only old computer I have in my collection is a TI99/4a which I love. If there does end up being enough value to justify the effort I'd be willing to mail them to someone (and have them mailed back please) for the group here.