Jump to content
IGNORED

A Non-Interactive Title Screen is a Safe Screen


Trebor

Recommended Posts

On 6/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, PacManPlus said:

Here's a sneak peek at some screenshots of the game that plays when no cartridge is inserted.

This is awesome. Thanks for making it!

 

Someone with some Photoshop skills should mock up a 7800 retail box that has a “Comes with Kilparsec!” bubble in the corner or something. This would be complementary to the Pole Position one that’s already there. Just a fun thing to complement the game. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you!

 

Ok, so I've fixed the cavern 'closing up' on the player, and I've fixed another issue that nobody would have run into unless they made it to level 28 on hard mode. :evil:

The only thing I can't track down is where player 2 starts in a different part of the level in a two player game.  I can't get it to happen to me.

 

Luckily, I can watch the video once it's published to see if I can see an indicator of why it happens...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Thank you!

 

Ok, so I've fixed the cavern 'closing up' on the player, and I've fixed another issue that nobody would have run into unless they made it to level 28 on hard mode. :evil:

The only thing I can't track down is where player 2 starts in a different part of the level in a two player game.  I can't get it to happen to me.

 

Luckily, I can watch the video once it's published to see if I can see an indicator of why it happens...

That's awesome you've tracked down one of the bugs we found already! Level 28 on hard mode?? Wow, good luck to whoever attempts that!

 

The video will be published on YouTube at 6PM PT tonight and the two player section starts at 51:50. Also during the two player mode it looks like player one doesn't seem to progress past the first enemy even though Tanya played long enough for it to happen.

 

- James

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, after watching the video for a minute, I see what's going on with the two player mode:

For some reason, the second player starts at the level the last game ended at.  James' game ended at the Asteroids, and then they started a two player game and the second player started at the Asteroids.

 

Also: There are different numbers of enemies to kill before progressing, varying by difficulty:

Easy: 4 enemies per wave (i.e. 4 Tie-Fighters, 4 X-Wings, 4 Muffins, etc.)

Normal: 8 enemies per wave

Hard: 16(!) enemies per wave

 

The only exception is the Asteroid wave, which is always 32 (regardless of difficulty) because they kind of drop all at once.

 

I'll have the 'starting level' issue fixed shortly.

Edited by PacManPlus
Edited for clarity
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 For those of you who missed the livestream of ZPH playing the Exclusive World Premiere of new 7800 BIOS upgrade game KiloParsec, here's the YouTube Archive of the show last night!

 

Thanks again Bob, so much fun!! Can't wait to replace my BIOS chip to include this game!

 

- James

 

 (SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

  

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

 For those of you who missed the livestream of ZPH playing the Exclusive World Premiere of new 7800 BIOS upgrade game KiloParsec, here's the YouTube Archive of the show last night!

 

Thanks again Bob, so much fun!! Can't wait to replace my BIOS chip to include this game!

 

- James

 

 (SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

  

 

Just watched this and I love Kiloparsec. @PacManPlus Any chance of adding speech and turning this into a cart release somewhere down the road? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Honestly, I don't think so.  I mean, the reason this game was even made was because of (and for) the BIOS...  :( 

 

Thank you for the compliments!

No worries.  I think its great and look forward to getting the BIOS upgrade for one of my 7800's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys:

 

Sorry about the lack of postings on this.  I believe (@RevEng correct me if I'm wrong) that everything is done for this BIOS (the game + the BIOS itself).  We've tested it with everything we have, but I'm always nervous about that *one* 7800 + odd game that might cause an issue.

 

So, if everyone understands that although we've tested this a *lot*, and even the new ARM 2600 games will now work with the PAL 7800 BIOS, I think it's ready to use.  I have it in both of my 7800s.

 

Also, one thing to note: The BIOS itself is open source, although the game is not.  Please, do not extract the game from the BIOS.  I really don't want to see anyone on eBay selling this game.

Thanks,

Bob

 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2021 at 1:53 AM, juansolo said:

I'd be happy to do it for people in the UK (I can't imagine there'd be many...), depending on availability and what have you. I'll certainly be doing my own regardless.

I'm going to be sending you a PM shortly... so be on the lookout.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

For those that might be interesting in installing one of these new BIOS chips (Once they are more readily available...), I finally released my installation video on it over this past weekend. I'd been sitting on this for 2 months but figured there wasn't a point in waiting to release this video since eventually this kit will be released.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but did anything more ever come of this? Any BIOS kits for sale?

 

I finally picked up a 7800 and am super eager and excited to start modding the hell out of it. :)

 

Since I do have a TL8866 programmer, I could possibly burn my own BIOS chip, provided there's a bin for this, but that's something I'd have to read up on more and would almost rather just buy an IC off someone here that's already programmed. Plus I'd have to buy some EPROMS, etc.

 

I was going to buy a PAL one off The Brewing Academy, but they're currently sold out, so I'm off to find some other options. Anyway, if anyone here can help me out with a custom/different BIOS chip, please shoot me a pm. :)

Thanks!

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a copy of the Universal Asteroids BIOS, but I'm not sure I'd be allowed to attach it here (you have a PM). I never used it as I don't have a writer so I just picked up the BA one. It'll allow you to do all the mods requried for the Kiloparsec ROM when it finally arrives and you can run on the Asteroids one in the meantime.

 

As for modding the hell out of a 7800, how far do you want to go? ;)

My7800-1.thumb.jpg.b8a4c8dba8a7b6da7093a56399f8cff8.jpg

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but did anything more ever come of this? Any BIOS kits for sale?

 

I finally picked up a 7800 and am super eager and excited to start modding the hell out of it. :)

 

Since I do have a TL8866 programmer, I could possibly burn my own BIOS chip, provided there's a bin for this, but that's something I'd have to read up on more and would almost rather just buy an IC off someone here that's already programmed. Plus I'd have to buy some EPROMS, etc.

 

I was going to buy a PAL one off The Brewing Academy, but they're currently sold out, so I'm off to find some other options. Anyway, if anyone here can help me out with a custom/different BIOS chip, please shoot me a pm. :)

Thanks!

I believe you can get the same PAL modified BIOS from Best. And as @juansolo stated, you will have it ready to go for the Kiloparsec BIOS once that is available in the AA store. You would only have to swap out the chips since the install process is identical to all other BIOS modifications for the 7800.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, juansolo said:

I have a copy of the Universal Asteroids BIOS, but I'm not sure I'd be allowed to attach it here (you have a PM). I never used it as I don't have a writer so I just picked up the BA one. It'll allow you to do all the mods requried for the Kiloparsec ROM when it finally arrives and you can run on the Asteroids one in the meantime.

 

As for modding the hell out of a 7800, how far do you want to go? ;)

My7800-1.thumb.jpg.b8a4c8dba8a7b6da7093a56399f8cff8.jpg

Mmmm Circuit Pr0n

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...