IGNORED

Vectrex shows image with sound then flashes off, any help greatly appreciated!

Shortasswattsy

Hi all,

Would welcome some help if I'm posting in the right place.

I purchased a vectrex from eBay with no picture but had sound. I'm not really tech savvy but tested the voltages across the on/off switch and realised one line had no continuity, so I used some circuit cleaner to clean the switch and now I have a picture when I turn it on with sound.

It can take several attempts of turning on and off before I get that humming sound and a picture appears, I presume it needs to warm up?

If I do get a picture it rarely stys on and flashes off with what looks like a streak of lightning across the screen.

If it does stay on it gets to the player select screen and then flashes and resets once I hit a controller button.

I have some experience with soldering and recapping in game gears and other consoles but no experience on such a dated system.

Any help, advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as I havnt been able to come across this specific problem in my research.

Thanks all!

• 3 weeks later...

Did you happen to read through this topic?:

First thing I had it fully recapped

Then we found out that I had a dead diode in my unit which was cutting the power off...

after replacing it everything returned back to operational state.

Cheers and good luck!

Edited by sprazzi
wrong link