IGNORED

Aery - Little Bird Adventure - (in VCS store)

justclaws

This is a new title in the VCS store.
The developer page describes it this way.

The Game
Aery is a peaceful exploration game from the perspective of a little bird who decided to discover the world.
Calm down from the hassle of your daily life, experience the feeling of flying and immerse into beautiful and atmospheric landscapes.

What does this game offer?

• Experience the feeling of flying with fluid and responsive flight controls 

• See the world with the eyes of a bird with intuitive and relaxing gameplay

• Experience the speed of an bird without enemies or other threats 

• Explore 8 vast landscapes with different theme, style and mood 

• Follow the cute story of a little bird 

• Collect the feathers of other birds to unlock the next area 

• Play with gamepads or with keyboard and mouse 

• Immerse into the atmosphere with a vibrant minimalistic yet sometimes even surreal art style

• Enjoy the beautiful bright colors with interesting and different color themes in every area

• Discover hidden areas and many little surprises on your way

This is the official video-trailer for the game.

The developer web-site is here.
https://www.epixrgames.com/aery-little-bird-adventure

It is a multi-platform game, having been released on Steam, Xbox, Nintendo switch, perhaps more.
For me, it's good to have such multi-platforms on the VCS, as I do not have most other platforms...

Hey, quick heads up about this game at this time: The game appears to have a progression blocker bug about five minutes or so into it. I read something yesterday that there was a patch in the works, but I can't find that message now, so...anyway, I'm sure the game will end up being a fine, pretty experience for $6 for those interested in it, but maybe you should wait until this bug gets fixed before actually paying the money for the game in the new VCS Store.

There is a short tutorial level where you learn to fly and collect glowy bits, and collecting enough glowy bits opens up the next level. You go into what is actually the first level of the game and can collect all the bits and head to the final bigger glowy bit portal and collect it. Normally, at least based on what happened in the tutorial level, the screen would wipe into brightness and then resolve into the next level on a map, or at least into the next level. Instead, what happens is you go back to the start of the level with none of the bits collected. Since there is a map showing a bunch of levels in the game, there's something just not working right. 

• Like 1

I have been in contact with the developer directly, and they confirmed they're working on a fix for the bug.
They suggested it should be ready in about a week, and then Atari have to check, and push it to the store.

The levels are all selected from a map, so yes, after finding all the feathers on a level, it opens up a new
location, and this can be selected from the map. So far, also, I only tried the game with the Atari modern
controller, and a weird thing happened with 2 controllers. I do enjoy the game as intended; relaxation.

The images are just phone camera shots.
I don't have a 4K display so I don't know how it runs with that, but it's good at default of 1080p, ultra.

aery1.thumb.jpeg.261f2172f2760fa53881f21d3c13e655.jpeg

aery2.thumb.jpeg.197d5723c3a28bab081a0d6f91b10923.jpeg

GamesJustWannaHaveFun made an appropriate video, which shows the game nicely.

- The later levels are much more complex, with beautiful dream-like landscapes.
(Sorry for the quality of this photo from my phone... 

aery3.thumb.jpeg.357e749788758ac470686c34785d1bd1.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Word is this - might - be fixed although i havent had a chance to check it out myself.

Yes, the progression to the next level is fixed, and I think some other graphical tweaks.
I confirm also, I *did not* lose any game save in the update. 
If I get sat with the game now, I'll probably be flying for an hour, so better wait a bit...

2102750944_WhatsAppImage2021-04-01at18_52_28.thumb.jpeg.e42c9de7022b2740ff18257f317fc9eb.jpeg