asponge

2 hours ago, S.BAZ said:

I would like to nominate:

SMASH TV! 

also perhaps:

Rampart

City Connection

Double Dragon

I think Punch-Out!! gives you an overall total score if you make it all the way through and beat Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream.  Is that right?

I don't mind playing Double Dragon again (November, 2018) but I would prefer we wait longer in between titles to give other ones a shot.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! does not award the player an overall score at the end.  The only stats that are tracked the whole way through are wins and losses.

Looks like we've got a pretty good list going here.  Give me a bit to get these organized and I'll post a final list that we can vote on starting Monday.  I'll leave this open for further suggestions until then.

Regarding Punch-Out, I've looked into posting this several times before and for all of the reasons mentioned here I think this one'll be too difficult to score as a competition so I'm going to exclude it.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, bubufubu said:

I'm onboard with this idea.  As far as scoring for the arcade classics, do you mean that you would score them like you did with Contra (Stage 1, Lowest Score) in Season 18?

No, I meant that they'd basically be a round that you could play all season instead of only having two weeks.  We'd still award separate points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. for each title at the end.  If for example five arcade titles were posted we'd, in affect, have a 20 round season with the five additional rounds running concurrently with the normal 15 rounds.

• Like 1

I think we've compiled enough suggestions and we're ready to vote. Several game suggestions are excluded due to one of the following reasons:  it doesn't keep an overall score, it is impossible or overly difficult to obtain a cart or rom, or it's not playable on the the NES/Famicom.

Please choose 10-15 NES titles and 5 arcade titles you would like to play this season.  List them however you want.  They don't need to be in any particular order.  If you want to vote in an arcade title for the regular NES season that's fine too.

Voting will close next week on Friday April 16th at 11:59 PM CDT.

As long as everything goes smoothly, season 19 will begin on Sunday the 18th!

See the original post for the game lists.

i only have a few for the regular season that i want to play in particular, but as i like to check out games i've never played/only played a little, i'm down for whatever is chosen.

regular season:

batman

dr. mario

duck tales

pin*bot

rbi baseball (to get the bad taste of nintendo baseball out of my mouth from last year haha)

yoshi

arcade:

burgertime

dk jr

palamedes

popeye

q*bert

Regular:

American Gladiators

Bad Dudes

Batman

BreakThru