IGNORED

In Search of the Golden Skull

classicgamer74

Hello, all.  I am planning on doing a tribute video on my YouTube channel to Jerry Lawson and Edward Smith, two black video game programmers from back in the day.  I know this is something that I really frowned upon here, but I was wondering who has the rom for In Search of the Golden Skull?  I would like to use it for research purposes.  Even if you have some game footage, that would be great.  Please PM me if you would like to discuss this further.  Plus, if anyone has information on these two gentleman that you'd like to share, please let me know as I will credit you in both the video and the book.  Thank you!

On 3/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, classicgamer74 said:

Hello, all.  I am planning on doing a tribute video on my YouTube channel to Jerry Lawson and Edward Smith, two black video game programmers from back in the day.  I know this is something that I really frowned upon here, but I was wondering who has the rom for In Search of the Golden Skull?  I would like to use it for research purposes.  Even if you have some game footage, that would be great.  Please PM me if you would like to discuss this further.  Plus, if anyone has information on these two gentleman that you'd like to share, please let me know as I will credit you in both the video and the book.  Thank you!

Ask Scott Stilphen about information on Jerry Lawson.

ROM ain't happening.

8)

This game has always struck me as a really good candidate for a "recreation" -- the game will never be released, a reasonable description of the gameplay exists, and there are screenshots. There should be no copyright issues since it is not based on the original code. 

Obviously some creative liberties would have to be taken with the gameplay, but very few people would notice the difference. 

• Like 1

Couldn't have said it better. Remember a few years ago one if our great homebrew programers got tired of waiting for someone to release Anteater and then made that awesome homebrew Ardvaark? After that came out one guy on here said he didn't care if the original ever was released. Which I had to agree because Aardvark was a great game. I just wish I was good at it...

• Like 2