IGNORED

Must have Atari lynx exclusives?

kain11th

Gauntlet: The Third Encounter is a lot of fun.

Chip's Challenge is also great, though I dunno if it meets your conditions (lots of ports to computers).

STUN Runner is another great one, it's got an Atari ST port but I don't think any other console has a version of this one.  Very impressive, too.

Warbirds and Blue Lightning are both great games, the former is more of a sim and latter more of an Afterburner clone.

• Like 1

Battlewheels, Checkered Flag, Slime World, Crystal Mines 2, Zarlor Mercenary, Electrocop are all excellent and unique.

The Lynx version of Rampart is the best and quite unique. Klax is not an exclusive game as well, but the best version you can get. 

Last but not least new and exclusive games: Get Zaku, Wyvern Tales, Alpine Games and Unnamed if you can.

• Like 2

Awesome Golf is a really great golf game.

Lexis is Tetris mixed with Scrabble. I really like it, although it can be frustrating.

BattleWheels is Twisted Metal on a handheld with the ability to leave your vehicle. Ridiculously impressive accomplishment.

Xybots is a great third person corridor shooter. It may not be Doom but it’s pretty amazing and a ton of fun. I don’t know that it made it to any other home consoles.

Xenophobe is a terrific Alien-inspired comedy puzzle shooter. It was ported to the NES but the Lynx version was made by the original creator of the game, is way better than the NES, and is even better than the arcade. A must-own.

Battlezone 2000 is an extremely excellent exclusive sequel with a meaty and challenging main mode and a whole entirely different hidden game. 

Super Asteroids / Missile Command is the best version of Missile Command ever and a very fun mission-based Asteroids version with powerups.

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure is a game that only I seem to like, but it’s cheap, so give it a chance. It’s essentially an item based adventure game with twitch avoidance. People don’t like it because enemies swarm you, but the thing is that enemies only swarm you if you’re doing the wrong thing.

ElectroCop is graphically one of the most amazing things on the Lynx. It’s also a lot of fun.

STUN Runner was my original Lynx killer app and the only good version of the game out of the arcade.

Crystal Mines II is derived from Boulder Dash and Dig Dug before it, but it is its own thing. It is extremely substantial and will keep you going for a long time.

Warbirds is a multiplayer WWI dogfighting game that is hugely impressive. It’s a bit frustrating to get lined up with your target but still.

Blue Lightning is a naked Afterburner clone but in many ways was more impressive than even the Genesis versions of Afterburner were.

Hydra is the only port of a fun arcade game that pretty much is RoadBlasters in a boat.

Turbo Sub is kind of like a Sega superscaler shooter in a submarine (kind of).

Dracula the Undead is a terrific point and click adventure game that is sadly extremely short. But it’s cheap and well worth it. If only Atari had paid for the bigger rom...

Pinball Jam is an excellent pinball simulator. It does run a little slow, though.

Robo Squash is pretty much POV 3D Pong. It’s dirt cheap and fun.

CyberVirus is a mission-based first person shooter. Just amazing to see in action. Very difficult, but a lot of fun.

Kung Food has problems, but it’s hilarious and the only real beat-em-up besides Double Dragon.

Loopz is one of the most addictive puzzle games I’ve ever played. It is available for the ST and the Jag, but the Lynx version has better music IMO.

Lynxopoly is Monopoly but everything is Lynx. Remarkably fun.

Unnamed was an amazing item based puzzle experience. Everyone deserves to play it.

A Bug’s Trip is a really fun takeoff on the Pac Man / Ladybug idea. I have made it two seasons in and there’s plenty to go.

Wyvern Tales is an original Final Fantasy-style RPG that goes in some interesting directions.

That said, the Lynx also had many of the best versions of multi-console games. Rampage, Qix, Blockout, Dinolympics, Rampart, Chip’s Challenge, Shadow of the Beast, Klax, and more. And even in cases where it isn’t the best, like Joust or Robotron, they’re very impressive ports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure is a game that only I seem to like, but it’s cheap, so give it a chance. It’s essentially an item based adventure game with twitch avoidance. People don’t like it because enemies swarm you, but the thing is that enemies only swarm you if you’re doing the wrong thing.

I love Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!  I grew up with it and figured my way through most of the game before internet FAQs were a thing.  Really great game, and for some reason the Lynx fanbase just doesn't care for it.

Slime World isn't technically a Lynx exclusive.  It was, until it got ported to the Genesis and PC Engine.  But the Lynx version is the best, and nobody knows about those other ports, so it seems like an exclusive.

• Like 1

good suggestions so far. I am very interested in getting gauntlet iii looks like the lynx is the only way to play that.

I should have mentioned I already have these:

Steel Talons

Xybots

Warbirds

Batman Returns

Blue Lightning

Dracula the Undead

Checkered Flag

I had a california games but i couldn't get it to work