IGNORED

ESP-Mindlink BBS Software?

JohnPolka

I was flipping through some old newsletters from the Portland Atari Club.  In the "BBS Update" article on page 8 of the December 1985 issue, they mention that they are testing some new software called ESP-Mindlink distributed by Supra Corporation. Is anyone familar with this software? 

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

I am pretty sure it is in the box with all that other software I got. I am pretty sure that is one of the few disks that were recovered from my parents attic. 

I don’t think I paid too much attention to it as it was for mpp/Supra modems. 

I’ll go down and dig it out and see the condition the disk is in. If I can recover it I will upload it here and on my tnfs server. 

11 minutes ago, moonlight_mile said:

I am pretty sure it is in the box with all that other software I got. I am pretty sure that is one of the few disks that were recovered from my parents attic. 

I don’t think I paid too much attention to it as it was for mpp/Supra modems. 

I’ll go down and dig it out and see the condition the disk is in. If I can recover it I will upload it here and on my tnfs server. 

According to the Portland Atari Club Newsletter, their ESP-Mindlink BBS was 300/1200 baud. So, that means they were not using the MPP/Supra 300 baud modem. Maybe it will work with a modem plugged into an 850 or similar device.

Edit: According to AtariGeezer in the Atari Age thread above, the ESP-Mindlink disk had both MPP and Hayes versions of the BBS.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

The above ATR doesn't work, but AMIS made some progress with the ATR that's in the original Atari Age thread. I have not had any luck yet. Even the original ATR is locking up. But it might be because I was trying to use SpartaDos. I wll try MyDos later. Amis and I will return to this soon. In the meantime, check out the screen shot that Amis uploaded:

https://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/34820-mindlink-bbs-program/

It's also pretty humorous that E.S.P. stands for Efficient Sophisticated Powerful. Well, maybe it is...hopefully we can find out by resurrecting it. ;-)

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

I put the fixed atr on my tnfs server. For some reason when I originally uploaded it I tried to copy it with the fujinet from my Sd card to my tnfs server and it didn’t copy correctly. I didn’t realize it until jp told me. 

I did arc the files and uploaded them to my bbs and the basement. 

i also uploaded the fixed atr here. 

now getting it to work. That’s another issue. 

ESPMNDLK.ATR

One more time. I know this one works because I loaded it right from my tnfs server and got to the login screen. 

I have to run now but I will check to see if all files are good when I get home. 

I did a disk wiz 2 copy of the original to another real floppy then went into to sd x and used scopy from the sd3.2 disk to make a copy of the new disk I made (which I check to see if it worked) to a blank 90k image on the Fuji. 

BBS.ATR