IGNORED

Ugh, time to purge

Atari_Bill

On 4/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Age is making me think long and hard about it.  Not touching my primary collection yet, but the thought has crossed my mind. Especially after picking up a great retro pie emulator that I have used more than any of the countless physical copies on my shelves.  

That's one step ahead of me, even. Still attached to my original Apple II and PC hardware. But its threatening to overrun everything. Been in the emulation scene since the late 486 era, just before mame came out.

41 minutes ago, Keatah said:

That's one step ahead of me, even. Still attached to my original Apple II and PC hardware. But its threatening to overrun everything. Been in the emulation scene since the late 486 era, just before mame came out.

I never really thought I’d like like emulation being a old school guy, but I’m surprised at how much I’m enjoying having everything at my fingertips.  

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, Atari_Bill said:

More or less.  Always have been an original hardware stickler in the past.  

Original hardware has its charms and flavors. And it's always good to have one or two platforms from yesteryear. Keeps one grounded and allows for perspective.

Many of the emulator rigs I was commissioned to build for others over the years tend to be small units. Something like an R-Pi, MiSTer, or Intel NUC. Used to be SFF PCs, but those are falling out of favor except for like power users.

The Intel NUCs have gained in popularity for this task of emulation because they are portable. More durable than a laptop. Solid construction. Convenient for plugging into any size display. And no worry about a battery. MiSTer is still niche, and R-Pi is still "hobbyist". But both continue to gain ground.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to all who were hoping to see some sale lists in the near future. I’m finishing up a Colecovision trade right now and I’ve gotten a bit sidetracked on other things.  I’m close to finishing my final Colecovision sale list and will be in touch with those people that expressed CV interest soon.   With the number of people expressing interest in stuff, for everything else, I don’t think I’m going to be able to get back to you individually.  I’ll post the items for all either here or a separate thread as I test and get lists together. Sorry again, this has become a bigger undertaking than I had anticipated 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:14 AM, Atari_Bill said:

I do, but I haven’t decided if that will go.  I found a complete 520ST setup, Atari monitor, manuals and some games at a thrift long ago for almost nothing.    I’m likely to hang onto that for now.  

I apologize for bumping this post, but I am interested in that 520ST setup if you ever decide to sell it. My search for one hasn’t been too successful.

Edited by ColecoGamer