IGNORED

Intellidiscs Release Thread

Ryan Witmer

16 minutes ago, Synthpopalooza said:

Should definitely go with the M Network box design here.

I'm personally not a fan of the M Network boxes.  They are ugly and lazy, in my opinion (similar to how lazy/cheap they got with the cartridges by using Intellivision shells with an adapter).

..Al

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Synthpopalooza said:

Should definitely go with the M Network box design here.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I also think it would be cool to somehow get cartridges built off of Intellivision shells.

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'm personally not a fan of the M Network boxes.  They are ugly and lazy, in my opinion (similar to how lazy/cheap they got with the cartridges by using Intellivision shells with an adapter).

..Al

Uh, umm, I mean...

M Network boxes are terrible!  And don't even get me started on those cartridges!

• Haha 7

Hey guys, I just filmed and reviewed IntelliDiscs for The Atari Report and played it with a more aggressive approach, I faced that dreaded Identifier a few times and shot her down once, but, I still don't know how to block an attacking disc headed my way (I am using the trigger mode), I just wondered how to utilize my disc as a shield in trigger mode.

The episode of The Atari Report for this game is now filmed and I will start compiling and editing the footage and do the in-game voiceover for it and it will be up tomorrow by the afternoon and I even will put a link to this topic and also the specific post @Ryan Witmer put up containing the ROM on it, or, you can wait for the cartridge to come out, in which I myself just might get if it comes in a translucent blue ("Tron Blue") casing, in which would look absolutely cool, in fact, even better how about making that available as a limited edition with a COA with matching serial numbers on both the cart and the certificate, how awesome of an idea would THAT be!!! Both @Albert and @Ryan Witmer should think of that, of course put a premium price tag on them so folks will know how rare and collectible these will be years from now, they already do that with LPs amd put the recordings on either picture discs or translucent colored vinyl, so why not this!!!

I'm sure you guys will love what I have to say about this terrific port of "Tron - Deadly Discs" for Big Sexy, WELL DONE RYAN!!!

• Like 1

Well I need lots of practice but I love this game. The title screen, music and gameplay is great.  I think I prefer the keypad for my shots, but clearly need more practice.  Bring on the translucent blue cart please.

Btw, I’m playing this on my pristine 4-port with switch box adapter.  It has a new motherboard that I purchased from Best Electronics over a year ago. It looks great on my 32” flatscreen as-is.

A430C1A1-F111-4DFE-B8AC-72843501EA13.jpeg

53703268-BD2A-4978-8CDB-F5B3434B82BA.jpeg

47B05EF9-ED5F-4DCC-81FD-98ACAB934C52.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

I'm strangely jealous of that joystick.

We have two (one belongs to my younger son).  Tron is his favorite arcade coin-op game.  We have it here at local arcade.  I'm terrible at it, but he's really good.  We play the 2600 version every now and then and sometimes use the blue joysticks.  I'll be honest, they are not the best and breakdown with heavy use.  I've owned several over the years and these last two are more for display now.

Thanks to everyone involved with the 5200 Intellidiscs.  This is quite the game.?

@sramirez2008 One question about your setup. Do you use a Masterplay clone or a Redemption 5200 - 2600/Sega Edition??? I stupidly (I was unemployed at the time, early 2019) sold both of my 2600 versions and one of my 7800 versions (I still have one left) so I was wondering what setup you have to make both of them work together, I use my 7800 Redemption unit with my CX24 ProLine stick but it won't work with any of my 2600 controllers, cause at the time I thought that both 2600 and 7800 sticks would both work on the 7800 version, in which I found out they do not. :( 

18 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

@sramirez2008 One question about your setup. Do you use a Masterplay clone or a Redemption 5200 - 2600/Sega Edition??? I stupidly (I was unemployed at the time, early 2019) sold both of my 2600 versions and one of my 7800 versions (I still have one left) so I was wondering what setup you have to make both of them work together, I use my 7800 Redemption unit with my CX24 ProLine stick but it won't work with any of my 2600 controllers, cause at the time I thought that both 2600 and 7800 sticks would both work on the 7800 version, in which I found out they do not. :( 

I only had the CX52 plugged into the console. However I do own two master play clones (I use both at the same time to connect my Edladdin Supertwin for Robotron and Space Dungeon).  I also have an original Masterplay in my collection (for back up).

<Edit> I love this console and can’t say enough for the love it’s receiving from @Ryan Witmer

C393A05E-5DC6-490C-AE7D-7B0FA2CAA0D3.jpeg

26F5F922-D15D-4C25-8F96-EA8B230FBC1A.jpeg

On 4/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, phuzaxeman said:

Ryan, this would have been insane if this released in 1982.

Imagine if this was the pack-in game for the 5200 when it launched. It's fun to re-imagine history!

Sorry for the late reply, I just found this thread. I need to spend more time in the 5200 forum. I'd love to see (and purchase) an 8-bit port of this...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

Ryan, off subject here.  Would you consider in the future to do a 5200 Advanced Dungeons and Dragons?  If you were into the adventure genre that would be a cool port.

Rob 'n' Banks is probably going to be my last port for a while.  After that's done, I'm going to start investigating the amazing 512KB cartridge that Albert has and get back to doing some original stuff.  I don't have any super solid ideas yet, but I'll have a better idea of what's possible after spending some time with that cartridge.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ryan Witmer said:

If the review in the store is true, RealSports Curling sold a system.

I believe it.  You can play up to 8 players.  I don't know of anyone else that shows the 4-port the amount of love that you do (e.g. Ratcatcher,  RealSports Curling and Intellidiscs).?