IGNORED

HSC18 Round 7: CHUCKIE EGG / SUPER BUNNY

Chuckie Egg

From memory it's slow on PAL and a bit easy/long to play but a decent platformer nonetheless. Thought it had been HSC played before but can't see it so perhaps not.

We'll throw in the first bonus game of the season and it's Super Bunny which is a quick play as it's bleedin' tricky.

Scoring to be confirmed but Chuckie Egg is the main game and will count for the win and most points.

Chuckie Egg

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=1621

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-chuckie-egg_1055.html

[H] IS PAUSE!

Tips

You can fall or jump/fall from any height, the gravitycurve is nice so you can get around the screen using this to access lifts/escape from mother hen. You can hold up to grab onto ladders mid jump, you can jump from ladders, can jump down long ladders handy sometimes. Lure and turn the monther ducker (she is released on level 9). Wait for the lifts to appear before jumping on them.

Super Bunny

Mono or Colour version. Ha! The Atarimania commets show a newly discovered 100 lives cheat! The game is tricky and frustrating but you can master it and get the odd good go.

After eating the carrot you don't need to get back to the left side, you do need to vanquish all the creatures to complete the level. If you don't get on the high score table (reset saves, will reboot!) you can see your last score for a second at the start of the next go!

[Fire] is pause, Start continues

super_bunny_(color_version).png.ebfa65ceb2f85d0099cd42105e67a99c.png

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=S&tg=Super Bunny#Super Bunny

Colour http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3142

Mono http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3146

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-super-bunny_5153.html

Round ends Sunday 25th April 10am UK time

EVERYONE WELCOME TO PLAY / POST SCORES FOR ANY MISSED GAMES :waving:

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, McKong said:

48750 First go at this, it's ok, but it's not going to be one of my favourite platformers

Me neither, though it was a lot more responsive than I remebered. I think it would be better without all the extra lives to give more incentive. The issue is playing through the same screens constantly under pressure which limits it's replay fun. I'll add some tips to the first post.

I did expand on the pursuit idea in "Gwobby Strikes Back!" in which you can shoot the adversaries (doesn't have much level variation is it's downside).

282,810 level 22 ish. Will hit the bunny later :-D

1675773447_ChuckieEgg282810.jpg.ec0b12c88bf1e98001ceba6220b9e1ab.jpg

• Like 2

Chuckie Egg - 17030 pts

At least I scored more than when I briefly played the C64 version in 2016. I like the fact this guy can jump and fall really far without injuring himself, almost Impossible Mission qualities. I don't remember if Jumpman (Jr) can too, but as I mentioned often those platformers have limbs made out of porcelain and the slightest fall will kill them. Well, not that I'd personally would want to fall a few stories down and land on my feet but hey, video game characters should have some super powers.

chuckie-egg-17030.thumb.jpg.1b90fa35a0a8d1fd324b4cf11d5502fb.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, carlsson said:

Chuckie Egg - 17030 pts

At least I scored more than when I briefly played the C64 version in 2016. I like the fact this guy can jump and fall really far without injuring himself, almost Impossible Mission qualities. I don't remember if Jumpman (Jr) can too, but as I mentioned often those platformers have limbs made out of porcelain and the slightest fall will kill them. Well, not that I'd personally would want to fall a few stories down and land on my feet but hey, video game characters should have some super powers.

chuckie-egg-17030.thumb.jpg.1b90fa35a0a8d1fd324b4cf11d5502fb.jpg

Jumpman jr. don't like heights?

It was the first cart i bougth a few years ago when i started up my Atariobsession again.

1 hour ago, tompateus said:

Jumpman jr. don't like heights

Hm. I must be thinking of some other platformer where you actually can make huge jumps and falls as long as you land on another platform. Lode Runner? Somehow I doubt this is a property tracked in any wiki or archive, which platform games let you fall through the screen or not.

By the way, regarding the scores posted by Gury, Deteacher and MrTrust -- I'm quite sure the last digit always will be a zero even though it may look like an 8 or 9 given the low resolution display and colour flashing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pusakat said:

I don't remember ever seeing it BITD.

I have a feeling this game might only have been around in the UK, or at least Europe. Thus if you lived in another part of the world, you probably were unlikely to see it, even in a pirated form.

21 hours ago, Caco said:

Super Bunny - 400 points. A very difficult hardcore game. My short game:

I'll add this to the first post - after getting the carrot you don't need to get back to the left side, you do need to "get" all the creatures to complete the level. If you don't get on the high score table (reset saves!) you can see your last score for a second (bottom right) at the start of the next go!

1,215 2nd level