IGNORED

Nintendo eShop Deals Thread

MrBeefy

So I don't think I have enough time to post all the deals I find on Switch. However, if I find or others find good deals on games post it here.

Bastion - $2.99 - 80% off - Ends 4/26

Children of Morta - $10.99 - 50% off - Ends 4/27

Dead Cells - $17.49 - 30% off - Ends 4/26

Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour - $3.99 - 60% off - Ends 5/5

Earthlock - $5.98 - 80% off - Ends 5/3

Enter the Gungeon - $7.49 - 50% off - Ends 4/26

Hades - $19.99 - 20% off - Ends 4/26

Kamiko - $1.99 - 60% off - Ends 4/26

Katamari Damacy Reroll - $9.89 - 67% off - Ends 4/22

Magicat - $1.99 - 60% off - 4/26

Mana Spark Complete  - $2.39 - 80% - Ends 4/24

Moonlighter Complete Edition - $8.69 - 70% off - Ends 4/27

Overcooked Special Edition -$4.99 - 75% off - Ends 4/22

Overcooked 2 - $12.49 - 50% off - Ends 4/22

Runbow - $2.99 - 80% - Ends 5/5

Steamworld Dig - $2.49 - 75% - Ends 4/25

The Messenger - $9.99 - 50% off - Ends 4/26

Enough to get started!

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidD said:

Have you tried using Dekudeals?

Handy site for tracking specials...

This looks promising.

I hate trying to check for deals on the Switch eShop, because it's so slow, and you have to scroll through pages and pages of shovelware.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

That is handy. Wish it had just lists and removed the pictures.

You can e-mail the guy who runs the site -- he seems to listen to feedback.  A year ago I asked about the possibility of sorting titles by how soon the sales end -- and he did end up implementing that!  I try to check every few days to see which sales are about to end...

What's also nice is being able to see historical pricing data -- if a certain publisher regularly puts their stuff on massive discount every two months, one can vaguely predict future title sales...

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

May the Fourth sales going one the Switch. Star Wars discounts going one. I got Star Wars Pinball for $18 minus some with Gold Coins. Been really fun. Might also get Pod Racer.

Pod Racer is very good. If you liked the game bitd then you will love it now.

• Like 2

I was curious are there any deals (or not) on something specific right now... games that are NOT on GoG or Steam(NO PC versions) but games truly stuck and locked to the Switch itself.  And I do mean digital only releases, not stuff that was physically released domestic or international since those can be picked up as well and work.

For my b'day earlier this year, got a $50 gift card and I still have no idea what to do with it.

36 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I was curious are there any deals (or not) on something specific right now... games that are NOT on GoG or Steam(NO PC versions) but games truly stuck and locked to the Switch itself.  And I do mean digital only releases, not stuff that was physically released domestic or international since those can be picked up as well and work.

For my b'day earlier this year, got a $50 gift card and I still have no idea what to do with it.

Well, Gunlord X finally went on sale for the first time, it's like Turrican: https://www.dekudeals.com/items/gunlord-x

It's a Switch/PS4 exclusive (original version was on Dreamcast and NeoGeo...). There seems to be a physical Switch version but it's sold out, won't be easy to find unless you pay big bux. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I can't think of any sales beyond Nintendo 1st party. It isn't on sale right now but Golf Story I believe is a Switch Exclusive. I haven't played it but I've heard good things. If you like Golf and maybe RPG stories blended with it you might wishlist it. It retails at $14.99.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/golf-story-switch/

• Like 1

I feel like I should point out that Gamestop (and perhaps Target?) are currently selling a number of first party Nintendo digital titles at $20 off...

Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, and Xenoblade Chronicles are all $39.99 right now.

What's nice is that these give you "gold points" for the normal MSRP price, so you'll get back $3.00 in eShop credit for any of those that you redeem.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DavidD said:

What's nice is that these give you "gold points" for the normal MSRP price, so you'll get back $3.00 in eShop credit for any of those that you redeem.

I don't think you get gold points for any of those games, though. I was going through my games, and apparently the game has to be less than a year old, so Hyrule Warriors 2 was the only one that wasn't expired :(

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Asaki said:

I don't think you get gold points for any of those games, though. I was going through my games, and apparently the game has to be less than a year old, so Hyrule Warriors 2 was the only one that wasn't expired :(

Physical yes they have to be within a time frame. Digital you still get them I think. I know at least my indie purchases do.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 9:17 PM, Asaki said:

Digital games purchased on the eShop -or- redeemed with a code purchased from another retailer are always good for gold coins. (There are some weird exceptions, like some code-in-box titles.)

Physical titles are only eligible for the 1% back for one year... in North America.

Physical titles can be redeemed for up to two years after publication in Europe.

Did I mention that the Switch is region free?  Cough...

21 hours ago, DavidD said:

Digital games purchased on the eShop -or- redeemed with a code purchased from another retailer are always good for gold coins. (There are some weird exceptions, like some code-in-box titles.)

Oh, you said Gamestop and Target, so I automatically assumed "physical".

I forgot that they sold digital games, because I don't understand why anyone would need to buy them that way.

21 hours ago, Asaki said:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/double-dragon-and-kunio-kun-retro-brawler-bundle-switch/

18 killer NES games for $10 B)

This one's been on my radar for a while, now.

It's a good thing those NES controllers aren't on sale anymore, because I would've been tempted to get them now.

They're not?

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-entertainment-system-controllers.html

Says in stock.