IGNORED

Nintendo eShop Deals Thread

MrBeefy

Yeah I guess, if you hack it, so it actually is a decently useful system then it's not a turd.  But the stock system was and is an utter piece of shit.  The only value it had at all was games, those games are all on Switch/3DS at this rate negating any stock intended value thankfully.  Garbage design, laggy garbage GUI, poorly made system with a bucket of issues backed with a nightmare in hell os to code/port to, a total backwater and got what it had coming.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, Tanooki said:

Garbage design, laggy garbage GUI, poorly made system with a bucket of issues backed with a nightmare in hell os to code/port to, a total backwater and got what it had coming.

You must've got a lemon, my unit works fine.

No that was the standard WiiU GUI entirely, took them over 2 years to get around to making it fairly serviceable.  It really was that terrible when it came out, and took them like 1/3 or so of the console lifespan to start really dealing with the issue.  Any half baked game media site, especially Nintendo ones rolled them over the coals for it and very deservedly so.

Seems R-Type Final 2 is 20% off on the Japanese eshop. It and all of its DLC is 20% off in the US eshop, as well. Definitely the worst version of the game out of the 3 that I have, but if you have no other way to play it, it works. I don't know if the recent updates have improved its performance, as I have not played it since close to launch because the PC version is way better in literally every way aside from no handheld mode, but I think they might have increased performance somewhere between launch and now.

• 4 weeks later...

Gamestop is selling several 1st party Nintendo digital titles for $26.99 right now.  To be more precise, they are selling both the physical AND the digital copies for $26.99, which is rather unusual.

I made a thread, but here's a summary:

This is odd and I'm not sure if it's intentional or a glitch...

Gamestop has various first party Nintendo titles on sale for $26.99 -- in any condition, including digital.

When redeemed on the Switch, most of these titles will give you $3.00 back in eShop credit.  Also, some states (California) charge no tax on digital sales.

Other deals on digital/new

On 10/23/2021 at 2:55 PM, DavidD said:

The complete bundle of 30 Capcom arcade games is now $29.99, 25% off.

For $1 a game, I can tolerate it... I'd prefer $20 for the bundle, but $30 isn't THAT bad.

Was this from eShop or a real copy? What's the real name of the game and where to buy? I tried but found nothing came up. Thanks for any help you can give!

10 hours ago, thegamezmaster said:

Was this from eShop or a real copy? What's the real name of the game and where to buy? I tried but found nothing came up. Thanks for any help you can give!

It's the Capcom Arcade, pack 1+2+3 bundle. Here's a Dekudeals link to it:

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/capcom-arcade-stadium-packs-1-2-and-3

It's been on sale twice, for $29.99 each.  The bundle contains all three current packs of Capcom Arcade titles. The pack is currently $39.99, but if you wait a bit it will drop back down to $29.99 -- or even $19.99 eventually, this being Capcom.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DavidD said:

It's the Capcom Arcade, pack 1+2+3 bundle. Here's a Dekudeals link to it:

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/capcom-arcade-stadium-packs-1-2-and-3

It's been on sale twice, for $29.99 each.  The bundle contains all three current packs of Capcom Arcade titles. The pack is currently $39.99, but if you wait a bit it will drop back down to $29.99 -- or even $19.99 eventually, this being Capcom.

Thanks for the info! Really helps!

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone was interested in the "Recharged" series of Atari arcade remakes, Centipede: Recharged and Black Widow: Recharged are currently marked down from $9.99 each to $6.69 each.  Asteroids Recharged is $9.99, and Missile Command is still at the MSRP of $2.99.

I kind of think the $9.99 prices are silly...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Missile Command Recharged is $1.49 on Steam right now too. Centipede is on sale there too. 

I like Centipede enough to double dip; it plays well on PC but I wish we could use the mouse. 

11 hours ago, digdugnate said:

All of them are worth the money full-price and the sale makes it double worth it!  picccck theeese upppppp

I feel like I'm holding out for $2-$3 per game or a bundle...

(If they are doing Black Widow, of all games, I don't see why they can't give us a mildly updated Star Raiders...)

• Like 1