IGNORED

Jetboard Joust - retro-inspired indie game (in VCS store)

marss

I finish the game. Best Atari VCS experience with the classic controller.

One question: For see the real final, i need tor restart the game without never die, but i can use my equipment.
How can I do it? If I start a new game, I don't have the equipment. If I continue the previous game, I cannot restart from the beginning.

Thanks.

JET_CONTROLLER.jpg

Edited by markofwolves
  • Like 1

Oh wow, that's awesome - well done and I'm really glad you enjoyed the game! 

When you restart the game you keep the extra lives you earned on the last run rather than all the equipment. Your save slot should start from scratch but show 3 or more lives. It's possible something got lost in the translation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BitBull said:

Oh wow, that's awesome - well done and I'm really glad you enjoyed the game! 

When you restart the game you keep the extra lives you earned on the last run rather than all the equipment. Your save slot should start from scratch but show 3 or more lives. It's possible something got lost in the translation. 

Ok. So what is the correct procedure to see the real ending?

Edited by markofwolves

1 hour ago, killersquirel said:

I love the game, but I'm curious about how to progress. Every time I start a game it's as if it's the first time I have played and nothing is saved in the save slot. How do I save my progress?

Hi there, 

Your progress will be saved in a save slot if you quit mid-game. If you lose (game over) you start from the beginning but with the option to 'shortcut' to any teleports you have unlocked. 

When you enter via a teleport you 'fast forward' to that point, so the game will award weapons and upgrades an ensure you're not too underpowered. If you make it to the place you died last run you can pick up your abandoned jetsuit and retrieve any cash you had. 

Teleports are 'global' unlocks so they apply to all new games. 

Edited by BitBull
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BitBull said:

You have to complete the game in a single 'run', ie from the start without using a teleport. It doesn't matter if you use a life as long as you start from the beginning. 

But if I were to abandon the game after getting teleport, I turn off the console. Then I start again from where I left off, I'll get to the ending right? Or do I have to play without ever stopping?

37 minutes ago, markofwolves said:

But if I were to abandon the game after getting teleport, I turn off the console. Then I start again from where I left off, I'll get to the ending right? Or do I have to play without ever stopping?

As long as you don't start from a teleport you should get the 'proper' ending, it's fine to return to a saved game. 

47 minutes ago, markofwolves said:

Ok, next weekend I'll try. I had to abandon the game in the second world, but it gives me the possibility to continue it directly from there (there is a teleport and a weapon upgrade) but without using the level selection. I hope to see the end.

If you quit the game and continue it should be fine. Depending on where you quit it might go back to 'select level' but it'll just be the two options you normally get mid-game rather than all the unlocked teleports that you get at the start of a new game. 

On 1/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, BitBull said:

If you quit the game and continue it should be fine. Depending on where you quit it might go back to 'select level' but it'll just be the two options you normally get mid-game rather than all the unlocked teleports that you get at the start of a new game. 

Finaly i see the real final. Great job. 

What do you think about my score?

JUST.jpg

Edited by markofwolves
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, markofwolves said:

Finaly i see the real final. Great job. 

What do you think about my score?

Excellent - well done!

Very good score too - you'd currently be in 8th place on Steam! The top player on Steam has almost 4,000,000 which is way higher than anyone else- they must have really worked at it to get that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1