IGNORED

Looking for Libraries

dhe

I'm looking for some libraries!

Is there a Database of sound effects and graphics published that people can just lift in to their own programs?

The closest thing I can remember, is the Tiger Cub always had an example routine, and one who disk of routines of subroutines you could you to 'jazz up' your programs.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2021 at 6:26 AM, dhe said:

I'm looking for some libraries!

Is there a Database of sound effects and graphics published that people can just lift in to their own programs?

The closest thing I can remember, is the Tiger Cub always had an example routine, and one who disk of routines of subroutines you could you to 'jazz up' your programs.

This is a good idea but which language do you work in mostly?

I think my ask was to broad.

Custom sprites are fairly easy to make, there are some great tools for that. Wouldn't take more than five minutes to make one, thought you could spend all day if you wanted.

I was thinking more something like a db - explosion or crash or whatever.

And it would take you to some call sound routines with explosive sounds - once you have the data most sound effects are easy enough to port from extended basic to other languages.

The other thing graphic effects - again, the example is explosions - I think Parsec does a good job of simulation an explosion when you ship gets hit.

But yea, way to big of a task trying to create something like that.

• Like 2