IGNORED

'Hidden' games on the AFX

Another interesting thing - it seems the AFX devs at least tried to do something about River Raid.  See the following in retroplayer_ro.ini:

[Hero.a26]
OutputRate=22050

[Hero.a26]
RiverRaid=22050

Clearly that wasn't intentional, and I believe what was intended was:

[Hero.a26]
OutputRate=22050

[RiverRaid.a26]
OutputRate=22050

but I tried it and it doesn't make much difference with the juddering.  *shrugs*

Something else I'm a bit puzzled by - what's the trigger that displays the Activision copyright on those games?  It's not Platform=Activision or Genre=atvi in all-games.ini, and I can't find anywhere in /emulator that has a specific Activision list.  I suppose it could be doing it by CRC, it's just a bit odd.

8 hours ago, Rodney Hester said:

Another interesting thing - it seems the AFX devs at least tried to do something about River Raid.  See the following in retroplayer_ro.ini:

[Hero.a26]
OutputRate=22050

[Hero.a26]
RiverRaid=22050

Clearly that wasn't intentional, and I believe what was intended was:

[Hero.a26]
OutputRate=22050

[RiverRaid.a26]
OutputRate=22050

but I tried it and it doesn't make much difference with the juddering.  *shrugs*

That was discovered in the main thread. The "official" V.0.1.9 fw was actually posted and then removed. I reuploaded it and found that error then. I knew to look because it was in the release notes.

The RR output rate entry was fixed in the NEXUS pack, but yes, it makes no difference.

8 hours ago, Rodney Hester said:

Something else I'm a bit puzzled by - what's the trigger that displays the Activision copyright on those games?  It's not Platform=Activision or Genre=atvi in all-games.ini, and I can't find anywhere in /emulator that has a specific Activision list.  I suppose it could be doing it by CRC, it's just a bit odd.

I believe it is game title/name. because river raid for the a800 in the NEXUS atari 800 section/folder brings it up also.

Platform= and year= doesnt do anything. probably left over ways to sort games from the sega flashback.

the genre=atvi doesnt do anything either. you have either "=atari" or "=paddle" (or both) on the flashback X.

I think only the 9 gold uses "atvi" for genre.

Edited by Draxxon

On 4/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, Draxxon said:

I believe it is game title/name. because river raid for the a800 in the NEXUS atari 800 section/folder brings it up also.

It is indeed - was just mucking around elsewhere and found that any title _beginning_ with one of these strings will trigger:

Beamrider
Chopper Command
Cosmic Commuter
Crackpots
Decathlon
Dragster
Enduro
Fishing Derby
Frostbite
H.E.R.O.
Keystone Kapers
Megamania