IGNORED

Weird Zine: Lynx Issue 1 September 1992

jgkspsx

@Serblander‘s Lynx magazine collection is making its way to eBay (with a number of rarities), and one of the items is this crazy little zine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Atari-Magazine-LYNX-Issue-1-Sep-1992-/194062441075

It’s simply called Lynx (be careful searching for that, as I discovered). It was issue 1, and there may not have been an issue two. It cost allegedly 75 pence, and was published in September ‘92, although that is crossed off, so who knows. The mailing address was 15 Orme Rd, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE3 9DY. (Which, as you might expect, is just a suburban house.)

My guess is this was made by high school or maybe college age kids, as it has a lot of similarities to the website I and my friends worked on in high school. It’s a slim volume of 13 pages, of which two are covers, one is a table of contents, and two whole pages describe in excruciating detail how their review scores work. There are four pages of reviews (Hard Drivin’, Ninja Gaiden, Toki, and Cyberball), one page of California Games tips, and a three page complete(?) walkthrough of Electrocop. It’s a pretty cool historical artifact, and the front cover is hilarious with some old school cut and paste work.

Has anybody seen this thing before?

In Austria we had a fan made magazine like that as well. I have a few issues somewhere. 

Is yours available as a scan anywhere? Don’t want to spoil your auction but it would be a great service to the community to scan it before sending it off to the lucky buyer. 

• Like 1