IGNORED

AtariAge Day (Sat May 1, 2021) NEW AtariAge Homebrew Unboxing + LIVE Developer Interviews!

I was there at the end.. around 10:45pm my time (Central Standard time zone) when they wrapped up the show.. though I admit I was way late to the party! I only caught a few minutes here and there and had to drive to the store for some things..

Great job, James and Tanya.. and kudos to all of your VIP guests! ?

• Like 3

Yesterday was a lot of fun. It’s always great to see and/or just hear from the developers.  Al, the labels and manuals all look amazing.  Many thanks to Al, ZPH, the devs and anyone that may have had a hand in putting this together.  Lastly, thanks to all of the community that joined the event.  This is what makes this site special.?

• Like 3

Another great ZeroPage Homebrew!

While I was ready on time, I ended up joining in a little late as a recent update on my TV's Mac mini triggered Twitch's verification process.

During the morning I'd cleaned my solar panels, so was quite tired by 10:30pm.  I'd said my goodbyes when James' said "there's just 5 more minutes" so I held out until the end. Even managed to snag the last giveaway despite autocorrect changing "alphabeam" to "alphabet".

950455618_ScreenShot2021-05-02at1_23_58PM.thumb.png.4362f431b11f226a83efb2f7a1caeb2d.png

Ended up sleeping almost 11 hours!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

During the morning I'd cleaned my solar panels, so was quite tired by 10:30pm.

Similar, earlier in the day I had dug around 4x4 fence posts (removing them) and picked and carried marble stones ...  by end of show I was beat. (Translation from PA English:  'super tired').   

Show was great!

I won a giveaway too.   In this screenshot, Cafeman demonstrates his advanced 2600 library knowledge, with a lucky guess and a win: 

ZPH gopher win.png

• Like 3

it was a great "long" show yesterday I was going back and forth between stooges and svengoolie on metv and watch the stream.
thomas reminded me I have to get round 3 ready for harmony games since its <4k games.
Robot city and cannonhead cash are the two games for <4k round.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for participating and watching the highly successful AtariAge Day event, it was the most watched show in ZeroPage Homebrew history so far!

It was a blast running through all the newly released games and talking to so many developers I've never had a chance to meet in person before.

14 hours ago, Gateway said:

Great job, James and Tanya.. and kudos to all of your VIP guests! ?

13 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Yesterday was a lot of fun. It’s always great to see and/or just hear from the developers.  Al, the labels and manuals all look amazing.  Many thanks to Al, ZPH, the devs and anyone that may have had a hand in putting this together.  Lastly, thanks to all of the community that joined the event.  This is what makes this site special.?

10 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

Another great ZeroPage Homebrew!

10 hours ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

it was a great "long" show yesterday I was going back and forth between stooges and svengoolie on metv and watch the stream.

Thank you so much, hearing all the positive feedback makes it all worthwhile! I always aim to put on an entertaining event with lots of great games and interesting developers to talk to!

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Thanks for showing the Jaguar stuff off so well despite not having one there (You have to get one now!) - sorry I couldn't make it, timezones suck!

Thank you for all the hard work you and others have put into the new Jaguar releases. Watching the videos and looking through the packaging for the four Jaguar games has convinced me to buy a Jaguar, you have a new convert!!!

On 5/1/2021 at 6:43 PM, KaeruYojimbo said:

I totally forgot to show off my badge while I was on the show!

20210501_184138.thumb.jpg.dbed0771229bd7e40d1bd6686961a990.jpg

That looks amazing and so official! I also see you have the VIP badge, so feel free to enjoy the complementary private lounge area with the other developers!

- James

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I also see you have the VIP badge, so feel free to enjoy the complementary private lounge area with the other developers!

The snack selection was excellent, but I was disappointed that the only game there was a Microvision with a bad screen. I guess you needed everything else for the show, but it would have been nice to know it was BYOS (Bring Your Own Switch) beforehand.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Is this gonna make its way to Youtube? For some reason even the VOD on twitch just freezes on my fire tv.

You bet! The stream is being processed and uploaded right now and will be posted in four parts throughout today. I'll post the links here when they're ready. ?

- James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

You bet! The stream is being processed and uploaded right now and will be posted in four parts throughout today. I'll post the links here when they're ready. ?

- James

LOL at four parts.  Guess that makes sense given the stream ran for about 21 hours.  :)

..Al

• Haha 1

I finally found the time to watch the last bits of the show. Great show, James, Tanya and everybody involved! Saw some new faces there. 

During the show I had the idea for a designer show or feature. We have some quite well known, prolific designers out there and a lot of other talents too. I suppose it would be interesting if they would provide some inside information about their ideas and design process. Either for a specific game or in general.

BTW: I was quite worried when you mentioned HugoHunt for the first time late during the show, since I know that the developers are from Germany. :) 

• Like 1

AtariAge Day (Part 1/4)

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

FEATURING:

11:37 - Albert Yarusso @Albert (AtariAge)
39:19 - Dion Olsthoorn @Dionoid: Tower of Rubble
1:10:42 - Thomas Jentzsch @Thomas Jentzsch: Robot City
1:52:37 - Jeff Johnson @Omegamatrix: Venture Reloaded

stay tuned for parts 2-4 soon!

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 8

AtariAge Day (Part 2/4)

FEATURING:

00:00 - Mick Crocker @mickmuze: Deepstone Catacomb (2600)
23:38 - Marco Johannes @MarcoJ and Dyfed Hitchings @Jamtex: Pitkat (2600)
51:23 - John Champeau @johnnywc: Avalanche (2600) & Zoo Keeper (2600)
1:30:20 - Paul Lay @playsoft: Scramble (XE)
1:48:53 - Ron Lloyd @Cafeman: Adventure II XE (XE)
2:13:34 - Michael Brown @EvoMikeUK: Panic! Rooms (2600)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 9

AtariAge Day (Part 3/4)

FEATURING:

00:00 - Todd Furmanski @Revontuli: Dragon's Cache (7800)
16:37 - Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster: Dare Devil (2600)
40:21 - bluswimmer @bluswimmer: Cannonhead Clash (2600)
1:00:48 - Ric Pryor @KaeruYojimbo: Ms. Galactopus (2600)
1:19:44 - Carlos Centeno @RaymanC: The End (2600)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1