IGNORED

Atari XE Remake Pre Order Thread

santosp

:idea: Update

For this second batch, I was order the pcb's from Elecrow previous week, which was Chinese national holiday for them. I mean 3-7 May. So it was a dead week. After our communication  yesterday, they responded that pcb's are ready and will arrange for shipping.

I believe they need at least 10 business days to arrive here.

All the smd components, plus a complete set for a full assembly, are already in my hands

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, santosp said:

For this second batch, I was order the pcb's from Elecrow previous week, which was Chinese national holiday for them. I mean 3-7 May. So it was a dead week. After our communication  yesterday, they responded that pcb's are ready and will arrange for shipping.

I believe they need at least 10 business days to arrive here.

All the smd components, plus a complete set for a full assembly, are already in my hands

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 1:36 AM, santosp said:

For this second batch, I was order the pcb's from Elecrow previous week, which was Chinese national holiday for them. I mean 3-7 May.

Hi Santos,

I'd like to get one board with the all the components. Thanks!

I just want to give a big shout-out to Mr. Robot who so graciously offered and delivered several keyboard connectors upon request to me last week.  I've been here just a little while;), but I've seen over the course of that time it is members like Mr. Robot who are the cornerstone of great hobby communities especially this one.  We are certainly fortunate to have him and so many other talented and generous folks here.  Now if I could only get these boards from my friend Santosp;), another cornerstone to this great community,  just kidding brother I know you are working hard.

Mike

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:53 AM, Mathy said:

Hello Panos

BTW are these the ones the ABBUC ordered?

Sincerely

Mathy

Yes are the same.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, slx said:

So the only way to get this is through ABBUC now?

Yes.

On 6/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, Mathy said:

Hello slx

No, ABBUC ordered a bunch of them but not all of them.  That is if I understood Panos correctly.

Sincerely

Mathy

Yes they bought 30 pieces. I don't know when or how much they will sell these.

Edited by santosp

TK-II Pic Programming question.  

Which firmware should I use to program the PIC chip on the Remake 130XE board?

I am using the Joy2pic programmer and have used firmware 2.6 and 2.6J from Ataribits website and both times the software reports the chip flash was successful.  When I install the pic chip into the remake 130XE board, my keyboard in the Atari  stops working except for Start, Select, Option & RESET.

1 hour ago, venom4728a said:

TK-II Pic Programming question.  

Which firmware should I use to program the PIC chip on the Remake 130XE board?

I am using the Joy2pic programmer and have used firmware 2.6 and 2.6J from Ataribits website and both times the software reports the chip flash was successful.  When I install the pic chip into the remake 130XE board, my keyboard in the Atari  stops working except for Start, Select, Option & RESET.

On the PS/2 keyboard press CTRL+ALT+X (Alt+X will show present setting - you want it to be OFF). This is a toggle function, so each time you press that 3 key combination you will toggle to the opposite setting (either ON or OFF). Whatever your last setting was, that will be restored upon power-up the next time around.

This will float the KR lines going to Pokey and allow both keyboards to work.

Hope that helps :)

BTW, the latest firmware (V2.7J) is the one to use, since it corrects a problem associated with the stock keyboard's CRTL, SHIFT, and BREAK keys.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mytek said:

On the PS/2 keyboard press CTRL+ALT+X (Alt+X will show present setting - you want it to be OFF). This is a toggle function, so each time you press that 3 key combination you will toggle to the opposite setting (either ON or OFF). Whatever your last setting was, that will be restored upon power-up the next time around.

This will float the KR lines going to Pokey and allow both keyboards to work.

Hope that helps :)

BTW, the latest firmware (V2.7J) is the one to use, since it corrects a problem associated with the stock keyboard's CRTL, SHIFT, and BREAK keys.

Ahh! I need to find a keyboard that works with my PS22USB adapter. :) Thank You!

I plugged a USB keyboard in but it didn't respond either.  I read on your website that not all keyboards will work with the adapters, so that is probably what is going on. 

1 hour ago, venom4728a said:

Ahh! I need to find a keyboard that works with my PS22USB adapter. :) Thank You!

I plugged a USB keyboard in but it didn't respond either.  I read on your website that not all keyboards will work with the adapters, so that is probably what is going on. 

Yep not all USB keyboards have a dual protocol capability when used with a passive adapter. In fact starting around the year 2005, USB keyboard manufactures began phasing out PS/2 support in their firmware, and it's virtually non-existent in modern USB keyboards.

Also dependent upon the year of manufacture, some much older PS/2 keyboards won't always initialize properly when hot-plugged (plugged in while the system is still powered). To be fair they were never intended to do that, although some PS/2 keyboards would often work when being hot plugged (I also tried to support this in the TK-II, and probably for 80% of the keyboards out there it'll work).

Try leaving it plugged in and cycle the power switch.

• Like 1

Santos, regarding the SMD ICs for the UAV.  Are all of these SOIC format?  There are several different SMD footprints for these, including different SOIC as well, the BOM only specifies model, not specific footprint.

Edited by wildstar87