IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 13 - Lady Bug / Dig Dug Bonus

7 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I played a fair amount of games of Dig Dug,and although this score was worth posting,you guys wont see me post another one unless I get better than 30k.

I just know I can get that!?

I know you can Wolfy, I look forward to it (and expect it out of ya) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I played a fair amount of games of Dig Dug,and although this score was worth posting,you guys wont see me post another one unless I get better than 30k.

I just know I can get that!?

Kick those monsters ass wolfy..... You got this...... ?

• Haha 1

Ok, how I didn't think I was but damn, how I'm learning to LOATHE Coleco's programmers back in the early 80s... With games like Carnival, DK and DK Jr you can realize they were going for shit, and got it quite on the nose.... But with a game like LadyBug, it looks promising the controls aren't terrible, but damn whoever was tasked with this port maybe spent like 3.5 seconds seeing the arcade he was to make this on....

But, the score has been raised... and please I beg don't make me come back to this, I used to like the game, now hating it with a passion.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 7.20.16 PM.png

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, cparsley said:

Ok, how I didn't think I was but damn, how I'm learning to LOATHE Coleco's programmers back in the early 80s... With games like Carnival, DK and DK Jr you can realize they were going for shit, and got it quite on the nose.... But with a game like LadyBug, it looks promising the controls aren't terrible, but damn whoever was tasked with this port maybe spent like 3.5 seconds seeing the arcade he was to make this on....

But, the score has been raised... and please I beg don't make me come back to this, I used to like the game, now hating it with a passion.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 7.20.16 PM.png

So I got 106k on level 14, you got almost twice as much but only one level higher? What am I missing? ?‍♂️

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

So I got 106k on level 14, you got almost twice as much but only one level higher? What am I missing? ?‍♂️

As you mother would tell you, EAT YOUR VEGETABLES :)

Also make non EXTRA letters to be RED for 4k a pop... :)

Edited by cparsley
  • Thanks 1

Tried Dig Dug for the first time in 25 years. Yup... I still hate Dig Dug.

And what’s with the graphics on ladybug ?? Were they in a rush? Or did they hire the guy who drew the centipede with no head on Centipede?

”we loved your work on the graphics for the Centipede; Can you join the Coleco team?” 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Tried Dig Dug for the first time in 25 years. Yup... I still hate Dig Dug.

And what’s with the graphics on ladybug ?? Were they in a rush? Or did they hire the guy who drew the centipede with no head on Centipede?

”we loved your work on the graphics for the Centipede; Can you join the Coleco team?” 

Is that why you crush all these games with your scores,because you hate them so much?

• Haha 4

I’ll try to score well on games I dislike just to keep up with the group! I’m sure everyone agrees that it’s tougher if you dislike a game! 

My favorites were the original titles ... that they clearly went over and above with their effort. like Atlantis and all the Tron games. 

Most of the arcade ports for Intellivision were made just to be made; and for a quick-easy buck. We all know that. An explanation isn’t necessary :) 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I’ll try to score well on games I dislike just to keep up with the group! I’m sure everyone agrees that it’s tougher if you dislike a game! 

My favorites were the original titles ... that they clearly went over and above with their effort. like Atlantis and all the Tron games. 

Most of the arcade ports for Intellivision were made just to be made; and for a quick-easy buck. We all know that. An explanation isn’t necessary :) 

Blasphemy!!! Lock 'n Chase and BurgerTime! are arcade ports, and quite awesome!

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, cparsley said:

Blasphemy!!! Lock 'n Chase and BurgerTime! are arcade ports, and quite awesome!

Agreed Parse! That’s why I said “most ports” aren’t great. 

lock n chase and Burgertime are better on the Intellivision than the arcade. And Matt convinced me last year that Pac Man is pretty good! 

Dig Dug, it’s not the port that bothers me. I just dislike the game! 

Edited by INTELLIVISION SPARTAN
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

There’s only 1 good Tron game in my book. 1 out of 3. 

I kind of disagree. I like Maze-A-Tron, but realize it's not for everyone. It is monotonous and takes forever to get a good score. They made it too hard to find the ZEROES screen and you can go as far left or right as you want you'll never get to that screen. You have to use the I/O Transport which is stupid and even stupider is getting to the ZEROES screen is random. You probably get there 2 out of every 15 times you go in the I/O Transport. Furthermore in the beginning when you finally do get there you are to the very left of the screen and you have to go like 4 or 5 screens over to get to a turnaround, again friggin stupid. Then there's the annoying Recognizer. Pain in the fkin neck. The only way that jerkoff zaps me is if he creeps up suddenly when you quickly have to change directions. I usually always end the game on purpose once I've gotten to a desired score. I do love the ZEROES screen itself. That to me makes the game playable. Getting to that screen more often would've made this game much better. The 2nd screen when you battle the Master Processor is cool, but the aiming mechanism is terrible so that's a negative too. So overall I like it, but don't love it. Tron Solar Sailor is AWFUL. Deadly Discs is awesome and I bet Deadly Dogs is fun too, but I cannot ever get the game to come up so wouldn't know. The 4,7 reset thingee doesn't work for me.... ?

• Like 4