IGNORED

Giveaway Done!

On 4/14/2022 at 12:57 PM, KeeperofLindblum said:

Man I really hate to toss it, but I can't say I want to hold onto it either... 

I'll keep it for a short while. Might try eBay next but doubt that will work out either. LOL

If someone really wants this and doesn't live local, I'll go halfsies on shipping. 

That's a very similar setup to my first IBM compatible I purchased. Was a Compaq Presario that had a Cyrix Microprocessor in it if anyone remembers that company. Was able to give to my brother and then after that to my mom before it was retired.

Hopefully if you don't get a taker here, someone on Craigslist or a Freecycle group somewhere would be interested.

2 hours ago, taxman said:

That's a very similar setup to my first IBM compatible I purchased. Was a Compaq Presario that had a Cyrix Microprocessor in it if anyone remembers that company. Was able to give to my brother and then after that to my mom before it was retired.

Hopefully if you don't get a taker here, someone on Craigslist or a Freecycle group somewhere would be interested.

That sounds like a good plan! Thanks for the tip / reminder that Craigslist exists. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, KeeperofLindblum said:

Old family computer that's still running and usable. Only issue is I broke the front cover on the disc drive when I opened to clean it. Everything still works, but I have no use for it.

Lot of big pieces and very heavy. Unlikely someone would want it shipped. 

Any interest? I'm in central Oklahoma and fine with making a medium-ish drive.

PXL_20220401_012003527_MP.thumb.jpg.f5e4c87c3d80c327e3d0ca15307415c7.jpg

My first PC was a similar model to this, a Pentium 100. I used it to try out Slackware Linux, then put Windows 98SE on it to run Internet Connection Sharing for my networked Amigas. Not a terrible machine.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@KeeperofLindblum Wow you're giving away Wing Commander Prophecy??  Love that franchise, game had a hell of a shocking well done full 3D port to GBA of all things so I keep it for on the go.  Do you really want to cover shipping on that as I think it has CDs and like books in it.

Yeah the plan was to resell but never really hit a worthwhile price. 

Someone has already claimed it though. Lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1