IGNORED

5200 Trackball controller

Elvis8Atari

5200 football saya it's compatible in the manual.Are there seperate 5200 football&soccer and Realsports fottbal&soccer games? I got the ones that just say "football" and "soccer," no "realsports" like on the 2600 versions. But they sure look like better versions of the 2600 "realsports" series to me...

This is a little off-topic, but are there plans anywhere for an adaptor to use a PC mouse instead of a trackball? I noticed the plans to use a PC joystick are very simple (only two capacitors and three connectors), and plan to make one as soon as I can.

--Zero

The 5200 sports titles didn't adopt the Realsports name until after the inital run of games. I have both Football and Soccer with and without RS in front of them.

It's interesting to point out that Soccer and RS Soccer have different artwork and that RS Baseball was never released as just Baseball (although thats what the title screen says). It must have been a quickie conversion (change the labels and the start-up screen, but not the title screen).

Oh, and I think at least one 5200 catalog lists Jungle Hunt as being Track Ball compatible too. Obviously it's not.

Tempest

Here's a list of 5200 games that (supposedly) work with the TrakBall controller. I never tried the TrakBall controller with 5200 games (the horror!) so I can't vouch for how good any of them would be with it. However, any games from the arcade that used one would probably work well, such as Centipede and Missile Command.. I have a hard time imagining how well games like Pole Position and Defender would work with the TrakBall!!

..Al