IGNORED

DASM Question

glurk

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I REALLY looked for an answer.

Does anyone use "code-folding" in DASM?  So you can open/collapse large sections of code in an editor?  I know some assemblers use ".proc" and ".endproc" but DASM treats these as labels and gives a redefined label error.  I'd just like to use some kind of delimiters that DASM will ignore, so that I can set my editor to use them.

That way I won't have just this huge, run-on listing....  Can a macro make it just plain IGNORE .proc and .endproc for example?  What does everyone else use?  I've been unable to find an answer.

Not a dumb question at all.  I don't think I've ever thought of utilizing an editor's code-folding feature for assembly code.

Recently, I've gotten into the habit of using macros (MAC name ... ENDM) to encapsulate chunks of code.    It's an easy way to make relocatable code.

Atari Developer Studio (based on Visual Developer Studio) does code folding in .asm files (i.e., dasm files) on a label granularity...

2075749312_ScreenShot2021-04-30at11_02_55pm.thumb.png.4672e22a5d835fb610c0666722fef47b.png

I click on that down arrow on line 460 and get...

1240531783_ScreenShot2021-04-30at11_03_08pm.thumb.png.7c3182500c1fb24d3283757c87486bcb.png

i.e., lines 461-483 are hidden.

It appears that the code-fold is terminated by a ";" in column 0

I don't use it, but it appears to be very functional!

I also highly recommend Atari Developer Studio!

It has smart-linking -- Command-click on any variable/label and you're taken to its definition line -- wherever that may be.

Very handy!

• Like 1