oyamafamily 7 points

Link to manual

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=1885

Any corrections please post

Game info here 

https://www.mobygames.com/game/lynx/rampart

144064-rampart-lynx-screenshot-initialisation-screen.png

Edited by roadrunner

Neither can i; getting to the fourth map with only two cannon to start and no continues makes it rough.  Plus the fourth map has very little room to rebuild the castle walls if you pick the closer forts which to sort of need to if you hope to shoot any ships. 

I think this game falls into the "easy to learn, tough to master" category.  So fun but i wish i had more time to rebuild the castle and circle up some other neighboring forts.  Very rare that i'm able to do that.   This game is basically half schmup, half tetris :D 

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 9.07.48 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I got 9,646 after about 6 tries. Im not bothering to upload a photo for such a pathetic showing.

I adore Rampart, especially for it's difficulty.  This was the first time i made it to the 3rd stage on lynx. 

Just to confirm, we CANNOT use the automatic continue, right?  We need to accept Death Game Over (awesome death screen) without continuing.

19 hours ago, unoclay said:

I got 9,646 after about 6 tries. Im not bothering to upload a photo for such a pathetic showing.

I adore Rampart, especially for it's difficulty.  This was the first time i made it to the 3rd stage on lynx. 

Just to confirm, we CANNOT use the automatic continue, right?  We need to accept Death Game Over (awesome death screen) without continuing.

Yeah , no continues. It is a cool game over screen 

Now that the competition is almost over, any tips for this game?  Im not terrible at video games, but even making it partway through the 3rd round, my score is still around 8000-9000.  I.E. nothing to brag about at all.  How are people getting these huge scores?  even when i take over 3 castles it seems like my territory bonus isnt very high.  I have trouble understanding how one more round is going to lead to these 15000+ scores.....what am i missing?

14 hours ago, unoclay said:

Now that the competition is almost over, any tips for this game?  Im not terrible at video games, but even making it partway through the 3rd round, my score is still around 8000-9000.  I.E. nothing to brag about at all.  How are people getting these huge scores?  even when i take over 3 castles it seems like my territory bonus isnt very high.  I have trouble understanding how one more round is going to lead to these 15000+ scores.....what am i missing?

My scores are after dying on the fourth round.  I do not pay much attention to my score until the end of the game, but I would bet that my score is pretty close to what your score is at the same point.  If I play again I will try to pay attention to my score more.

I got to 11733 so far this time in a couple attempts:

27A754A3-E993-436A-828E-78173EBFEB4E.thumb.jpeg.bffe0726ea2bba7dcb5828089714f60e.jpeg

I accidentally continued but didn’t place any cannons or repair my walls, so I think I didn’t score any points past the continue.

I should be able to do better. For instance, I got to 17460 in a different score challenge last year:

DBB7A70F-270F-492B-B2F3-A272AA1AE3FC.thumb.jpeg.f0b93ccff4a20da199222556aaf392a2.jpeg

@unoclay here are some tips even if I am not an expert.

The thing I fail at the worst is aiming correctly. The brown ships take two balls, the green ships three, etc. Too often I end up shooting into the drink. Try to take out the grey and red ships first since they will destroy the most of your castle.

Also try to keep cannons towards the center of your castle to give you some breathing room on the inside of the wall. Remember you don’t have to place all the cannons! Past a certain point it’s hard to effectively use tons of cannons, but if cannons prevent you from repairing damage, you’re screwed!