IGNORED

Has the VCS release date been pushed back?

swlovinist

Gamestop now shows a release date of TBD for the Atari VCS.  Is there a specific release date?  I know that the backers got their console shipped earlier this year.    I am talking about the bigger release date for everyone else.  

• Like 1

Hey John, I saw this earlier, as I was wondering about this myself.  Who knows what is going on, none of the armchair internet experts know anything for sure, so don't believe anything on YouTube (especially don't believe that Immortal dude) or otherwise.  I don't want to bug my friend, he just lost his wife to disease. :(

• Sad 1

"Weeks", eh? Definitely not months, am I right? ?

In all seriousness, now is a really bad time to be mass producing anything based on AMD chips as they're struggling to supply partners requiring much greater volumes at far higher margins. Until we get to the point where an RTX 3060 can actually sit on a shelf for a few days, without being bought at a 50% markup, it's probably not even worth them bothering.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

There's a new CEO?

Yup, Wade Rosen.  More accurately, the company split into Atari Gaming and Atari Blockchain, with Rosen head of Gaming and Chesnais head of Blockchain.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/04/08/atari-creates-divisions-for-gaming-and-blockchain-changes-ceo/