IGNORED

Emulation on the Oculus Quest 2

scotty

So I see there is what looks to be an amazing C64 emulator on the Quest 2.  Would LOVE to see something similar for other platforms like the Atari 8-bits and Apple // family.  Mame runs great when connected to your PC and using BigScreen or Virtual Desktop.  I literally had to look from celling to floor when I was playing Q*bert!!  What else is out there?   I know there is one (Not sure on the name, but you are in a living room, and have a couple consoles that you actually put virtual carts into, and the virtual NES Zapper supposedly works great.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:24 AM, scotty said:

So I see there is what looks to be an amazing C64 emulator on the Quest 2.  Would LOVE to see something similar for other platforms like the Atari 8-bits and Apple // family.  Mame runs great when connected to your PC and using BigScreen or Virtual Desktop.  I literally had to look from celling to floor when I was playing Q*bert!!  What else is out there?   I know there is one (Not sure on the name, but you are in a living room, and have a couple consoles that you actually put virtual carts into, and the virtual NES Zapper supposedly works great.

Yeah, the Quest 2 does appear to have some good emulator possibilities to it.  I know that Willie at Arcade USA has done some emulation for the C64 and Virtual Boy.  Perhaps there are a lot more possibilities with the machine that have yet to be explored.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:45 AM, Hwlngmad said:

Yeah, the Quest 2 does appear to have some good emulator possibilities to it.  I know that Willie at Arcade USA has done some emulation for the C64 and Virtual Boy.  Perhaps there are a lot more possibilities with the machine that have yet to be explored.

I have yet to say hello to him, but I do have 1 friend on the Quest....   Willie!!!

• Like 1