IGNORED

What are your top 10 games worth getting the 7800 for?

Giles N

Here's the top 10 list of the over 100 7800 games I have reviewed at www.Atari7800forever.com

goldfuji.gif Rikki & Vikki (Homebrew)
silverfuji.gif Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (Homebrew)
bronzefuji.gif Baby Pac Man (Homebrew)
4. b*nQ/ Q*bert (Homebrew)

5. Pac Man Collection (Homebrew)
6. Frenzy (Homebrew)
7. Beef Drop/ Burgertime (Homebrew)
8. Ms. Pac Man
9. Tower Toppler
10. Centipede

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 7:18 PM, Jinks said:

Why sirius sux cause too hard to point it is almost unplayable. Plutos is fine. But boring with no music..

Sirius is so goddamn hard. You're right, it is nearly unplayable. Not for fun anyway.

Plutos would be helped A LOT by music, agreed. I think Plutos and Dark Chambers would get my vote for titles that would benefit the MOST from some background music! 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 5:28 AM, Cousin Vinnie said:

Here's the top 10 list of the over 100 7800 games I have reviewed at www.Atari7800forever.com

goldfuji.gif Rikki & Vikki (Homebrew)
silverfuji.gif Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (Homebrew)
bronzefuji.gif Baby Pac Man (Homebrew)
4. b*nQ/ Q*bert (Homebrew)

5. Pac Man Collection (Homebrew)
6. Frenzy (Homebrew)
7. Beef Drop/ Burgertime (Homebrew)
8. Ms. Pac Man
9. Tower Toppler
10. Centipede

That’s 7:3 to the Homebrew-community...

I open to anything of quality, no qualms about it as such...

Just thanks for sharing...

9 hours ago, aaron1677 said:

Sirius is so goddamn hard. You're right, it is nearly unplayable. Not for fun anyway.

Plutos would be helped A LOT by music, agreed. I think Plutos and Dark Chambers would get my vote for titles that would benefit the MOST from some background music! 

Sirius - just use the autofire and the indestructible orb/satellite to get at the worst enemies while dodging their bullets...

- - -

It has brilliant graphics, extremely tight 1:1 playability, big bosses, tons of enemies on screen and not hint of sprite-flicker...like ever...

Bosses are are easy to take out if you know/learn some basic circulating or static places to place your space-ship.

Background is varied, atmospheric and very, very good for 8-bit grfx.

It’s tough - yeah - but unplayable - not at all; just use the power-ups for what they’re worth: satellite: indestructible movable gun; spreading-gun; take out cannons etc located on asteroids and space-ruins.

The Bosses: learn their weak points and gun’em down.

- - -

Plutos... more complex... I’d need a 2P to play through it... but guess what... thats probably the point of it...

...tons of sprites on-screen; powerful power-ups, big bosses... not a hint of slow-down, not a hint of sprite-flicker

... but yes, I miss cool music...

On that point I agree with everyone here having pointed that out ...

(... as to smups, I think Salamander for Arcade/NES have some of the best 2D shooter music ever...)

Edited by Giles N

• 1 month later...

Here's my top ten of the original releases

A while back I asked for people to vote on their favorites of the original releases. I weighted them, so someone's #1 game was worth more than their #5 game. Here are the results. (It says Top 5, but it includes 5 honorable mentions, making it a top ten of sorts)

Finally, I dedicated the final episode of my podcast to everyone's favorite and least favorite 7800 games. It included what they thought in their own words, sometimes as audio submissions. Because it included so many stories, it ending up being quite long. You can stream it here:

Or download it from many podcast providers, or from archive.org here: https://archive.org/details/eplast

Sorry to ramble, but I have a soft spot for the system, and for all the work that went into the combined list.

• Like 3