IGNORED

Three Articles this weekend on Atari 7800 Forever

Cousin Vinnie

Ive been making our second horror/comedy movie this last month in the Smoky Mountain Chronicles series, and this weekend I have off, so I wanted to do a bunch of Atari 7800 articles that I have back logged for www.Atari7800Forever.com before I get busy for the next month while we finish it.

I already posted about this featurette about Muddyfunsters games, but its worth a second mention. Plus there's a graphic from one of his games with my name on it, so I wanted to brag:

http://www.atari7800forever.com/muddyfunster.html

I reviewed Space Duel after playing the arcade version and the 7800 version for an hour on break this week

http://www.atari7800forever.com/spaceduelr.html

I look into getting into the backstory about that mysterious Atari Championship title belt I was gifted last month. I was given a wrestling belt years ago, and it ended up being very valuable. Can lightning strike twice?

http://www.atari7800forever.com/ataribelt.html

Thanks for giving a crap, 

Love,

The Funk 

exoship.png

• Like 6

WEIRD! I couldnt get them to work this week!!!

That's effing bizarre that I couldnt get them to work. I thought it was odd that there was no defense option. I'll redo the review this weekend. 

I wonder why that happened to my game? The right button works with my  other games

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Hey Vinnie, you do know that there *are* shields (like Asteroids Deluxe) in Space Duel, right?  The second button is what activates it.  ;)

I played it on an emulator, I fixed the review about the shields and added a few jokes to boot. Thanks for correcting me on that. Now Im scratching my head on this 7800. Its not the first time its acted very odd with a homebrew. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2021 at 8:52 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

I played it on an emulator, I fixed the review about the shields and added a few jokes to boot. Thanks for correcting me on that. Now Im scratching my head on this 7800. Its not the first time its acted very odd with a homebrew. 

Try it with a sega controller. I'm still new to all of this but from what I understand, there may be a few homebrews written to support a sega controller natively. I think that it is possible to cause issues with original hardware but I am not sure. Might be worth a shot to narrow out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dopy25 said:

Try it with a sega controller. I'm still new to all of this but from what I understand, there may be a few homebrews written to support a sega controller natively. I think that it is possible to cause issues with original hardware but I am not sure. Might be worth a shot to narrow out.

Another one of Bob's games, Bentley Bear has no music on this 7800 but it did on my old one. On my old one, Super Circus Atari Age wouldn't boot up but it plays great on my new 7800. 

Weird vibes.

2 minutes ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

Another one of Bob's games, Bentley Bear has no music on this 7800 but it did on my old one. On my old one, Super Circus Atari Age wouldn't boot up but it plays great on my new 7800. 

Weird vibes.

Want to sell it?  Maybe it's haunted and better leave your house ASAP. :ponder:

• Haha 2