IGNORED

Gods and The Chaos Engine coming soon to the Atari Jaguar!

Albert

7 minutes ago, evisu said:

Hi @Albert, 2021 is over tomorrow ... so no chance to see Gods and Chaos Engine this year, I guess?

Any progress with the conversion? Will they come in 2022?

No Gods and Chaos Engine this year, unfortunately.  But the artwork is going to be redone from scratch instead of reusing artwork from previous releases.  And I'm shooting to get both of these out in spring of 2022.  Tomorrow I will be adding two new Jaguar titles to the store, though.  :)

..Al

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Samuel L Jackson Movie GIF by Star Wars

3 hours ago, Albert said:

No Gods and Chaos Engine this year, unfortunately.  But the artwork is going to be redone from scratch instead of reusing artwork from previous releases.  And I'm shooting to get both of these out in spring of 2022.  Tomorrow I will be adding two new Jaguar titles to the store, though.  :)

..Al

4 minutes ago, grips03 said:

Are two new Jag games pre-orders or ready to ship?

Pre-orders, but the boxes have already been sent to the printers, the labels are finished and ready to go to the printers, and one of the two manuals is completed, the second one is close, and those will also go into production soon.  One of the games will have a Deluxe Edition with lots of extra items, and those will take a little time to get produced, but should be fun.  My goal ultimately is to have Jaguar games ready to ship when added to the store, but it does help to have pre-orders as it's rather expensive getting everything printed in advance, as well as ensuring I have plenty of boards, cartridge shells, various parts needed to populate the boards, Jaguar box inserts, and everything else needed to build and ship these games.

..Al

• Like 9

On 12/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, Albert said:

..Al

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to wait for such great titles. With these two games and Asteroite on top, 2022 could become the best year for Jag-Fans since ages ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Gods and Chaos Engine are set to make their debut at the 2022 Portland Retro Gaming Expo in mid-October!  Here are two new trailers for the games:

New packaging for both Gods and Chaos Engine is being designed by William Thorup, who's created beautiful artwork for some of our previous Jaguar releases, including Jeff Minter Classics, reBOOted, Last Strike, Gravitic Mines, and Dr. Typo Collection!

Both games will be made available in the AtariAge Store after our return from the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

..Al

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

OF GODS AND THE CHAOS ENGINE!

Next Tuesday we will have the DOUBLE WORLD PREMIERE of the new Jaguar ports of The Bitmap Brothers games Gods (1991) and The Chaos Engine (1993), both of which you will be able to purchase from AtariAge at Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2022 and the AtariAge Store later this year!

These two new amazing releases were ported to the Jaguar by @CyranoJ (of Reboot) with music by DST for 'Gods' and Roald Strauss for 'The Chaos Engine'! Mark your calendars!

Tue Jul 26, 2022 @
6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

1621416370_20220720-GodsandChaosEngine.thumb.jpg.4a48371ad7de6a3f5c60d172dc88dddf.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Excellent stream - thanks for showing them!

Both incredible games and it was so much fun playing them! Thank you for being in the stream last night to answer questions from the viewers!

Archive of the stream will be up on the ZPH YouTube channel tonight for those who missed it. ?

- James

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here's a look at the amazing packaging William Thorup put together for Gods and Chaos Engine!  Click for a larger view to appreciate these beautiful boxes.  :)

20220906_gods_box_cart_vanity.png

20220906_chaos_engine_box_cart_vanity.png

Both of these games will be available first at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo in the middle of October.  They will be available in the AtariAge Store in early November.

..Al

• Like 16

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, Albert said:

Here's a look at the amazing packaging William Thorup put together for Gods and Chaos Engine!  Click for a larger view to appreciate these beautiful boxes.  :)

20220906_gods_box_cart_vanity.png

20220906_chaos_engine_box_cart_vanity.png

Both of these games will be available first at the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo in the middle of October.  They will be available in the AtariAge Store in early November.

..Al

Hi Al! Do you have a date set in November for the release of both games? I apologize for bumping this thread; I am just really excited about owning Gods and The Chaos Engine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Hi Al! Do you have a date set in November for the release of both games? I apologize for bumping this thread; I am just really excited about owning Gods and The Chaos Engine.

I'm going to have these three games in the store next week. 

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 10/22/2022 at 8:44 PM, Albert said:

I'm going to have these three games in the store next week. 

..Al

This is excellent news! I have my credit card ready, so you can take my money!

i would like to thank @CyranoJ for all the hard work he puts into these releases, and @Albert as well.

It’s a great time to be a Jaguar fan!

• Like 3