IGNORED

Gods and The Chaos Engine coming soon to the Atari Jaguar!

Albert

9 minutes ago, K3V said:

To anyone else playing Gods: When do the passwords appear? According to the manual you're supposed to get a password when you die but I've yet to see one, despite defeating the first boss and making it to level 2.

I've gotten a single password (same one several times) after completing level 2. The password only works after completing level 2 for me, also. Like, there's a trigger that enables the code at/after that point. ie; the password doesn't work on a fresh game from the starting stage without having beaten the 2nd level yet.

Weird to me. When I beat the 2nd level, got the password, beat the game then started over clean it didn't work. Repeatedly. That's when I assumed what I wrote in my other post was accurate. So, after dying in level 3, iirc, I put in the password to start at the beginning of level 2. Not IN level 3 at all. I'd have to replay it all the way through to verify what I think I'm remembering but if you have a different experience please do tell.

The game gets hard so I'd hoped I could start further in the game but didn't. I watched a pro speed run it though and changed my tactics considerably to finish the game. Otherwise, I'd still be on stage 2 😛

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 2:07 PM, Saturn said:

I've gotten a single password (same one several times) after completing level 2. The password only works after completing level 2 for me, also. Like, there's a trigger that enables the code at/after that point. ie; the password doesn't work on a fresh game from the starting stage without having beaten the 2nd level yet.

Circling back on this, I did finally get the level 2 password. I just started the game fresh, entered the password and it took me to level 2. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is the password thing in Gods several folks have mentioned recently intended behavior for the game, ie. does it match the ST version or not?

Considering ordering both but unsure about getting Gods since it looks pretty close to the ST version from what I have seen. Would kind of be a dealbreaker for me if it has a broken password system verses the ST version.

20 minutes ago, Lord_of_Sipan said:

Is the password thing in Gods several folks have mentioned recently intended behavior for the game, ie. does it match the ST version or not?

Considering ordering both but unsure about getting Gods since it looks pretty close to the ST version from what I have seen. Would kind of be a dealbreaker for me if it has a broken password system verses the ST version.

Passwords work just fine :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, panzer said:

Has anyone actually posted any gameplay videos of both games besides the Zeropage homebrew and Atariage youtube channels?

I'm keen to see how the retail versions runs before I pull the trigger and order it.

Err, they run like they do in both those videos?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...